Principal Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Pay and Benefits:
\t Why You Would Love This Job:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive\t
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location\t
- Retirement benefits\t
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence\t
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Being a member of the Global Delivery Team, the Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for proactively achieving assigned goals and objectives in support of the enterprise strategic business agenda, as well as maintaining client satisfaction with their portfolio of assigned accounts. Your Responsibilities:
\t Talents Needed For Success:
- Technology Expertise is a domain authority on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines\t
- Platform works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product\t
- Data Modeling reviews and extends data models\t
- Requirements Elaboration works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate\t
- Is aware of frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
\t Who We Are:
- Experience in both front end and backend application development\t
- Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, solid understanding of AWS services and Unix.\t
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.\t
- AWS developer or solutions architect certification is preferred\t
- Working knowledge of OpenShift/Kubernetes is a huge plus.\t
- Knowledge of Distributed Ledger Technology platforms (R3 Corda, Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric) is a plus.\t
- Knowledge of different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing openness and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job function About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
Serves as a dedicated technology resource for advancing DTCC's business opportunities and providing industry thought leadership for leveraging new technology. The goal of this new department is to partner internally with IT, our business and regulatory divisions and externally with clients, regulators, and fintech vendors, to help build new platforms and business models to advance DTCC's mission to support the financial markets.