Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other engineers as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Why you'll love this job:
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth domain expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
Be Transformational: Visionary leaders are Inspires Change advancing the organization's strategy by being Future Focused and Compelling Communicators.
Build Capability: Leaders build capability in themselves by being Committed to Personal Excellence and are Talent Developers for others by providing growth opportunities, feedback and coaching.
Create Community: Our leaders are Inclusive Leaders who are Relationship Minded, embracing individual differences, inspiring others to thrive, and building networks for effective collaboration.
Empower Results: Leaders at DTCC are Results-Oriented, delivering timely, high quality, client-focused results, while mitigating risk. They are Business Savvy and understand DTCCs position in the global marketplace, recognizing the emerging industry trends that can impact DTCC business strategies.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead needed technical processes and designs considering reliability, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability
- Collaborate with Infrastructure partners to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Define scalability and performance criteria for assigned applications
- Ensure application meets the performance, privacy, and security requirements
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Verify test plans to ensure compliance with performance and security requirements
- Support business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and business solutions
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls
- Help develop solutions that balance cost and delivery while meeting business requirements
- implement technology-specific best practices that are consistent with corporate standards
- Partner with multi-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project work
- Manage the software development process
- Drive new technical and business process improvements
- Estimate total costs of modules/projects covering both hours and expense
- Research and evaluate specific technologies, and applications, and contributes to the solution design
- Construct application Architecture encompassing end-to-end designs
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Serves as a trusted coach or mentor within the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
Who We Are:
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing clarity and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
Serves as a dedicated technology resource for advancing DTCC's business opportunities and providing industry thought leadership for leveraging new technology. The goal of this new department is to partner internally with IT, our business and regulatory divisions and externally with clients, regulators, and fintech vendors, to help build new platforms and business models to advance DTCC's mission to support the financial markets.