As a Tech Lead, you'll be embedded on a development team of between 5-10 people where you will have the opportunity to develop and design new features as well as maintain existing code. You will also get to work directly with Quality Engineers, Business Analysts, and our Product Users in a highly collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to grow as an engineering leader and help instill in others a passion for quality enterprise development.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• Extensive experience developing cutting-edge solutions to maximize performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities
• Extensive experience with enterprise-scale OOP (Object Oriented Programming) software
• Ability to work independently to coordinate and implement solutions for complex technical issues
• Ability to lead technical efforts by coordinating work amongst team members and ensure the integrity and quality of the final solution
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to align deliverables
• Ability to identify and refactor areas of functional and architectural improvement
• History of obtaining leading-edge technological knowledge and ability to lead efforts with relevant technologies
• Experience with successful implementation of departmental improvements in process/technical solutions with positive measurable results
• Successful track record of mentoring new team members
• Proven ability to provide leadership with new development efforts, historical success with contributing to the design and estimation of new features
• 5+ years' experience engaging with software/test engineers on enterprise level software development projects
• 5+ years' experience with OOP (Object Oriented Programming), Data Structures, Design Patterns, and Algorithms
• Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
• Experience with the development of API's, Web Services and Forms
• Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational database principles
• Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban or Scrum
• Proven experience successfully working within a team and managing a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Superior problem-solving skills
• Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• High degree of organizational skills
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience, Masters' preferred
• Knowledge of testing automation frameworks
• CI/CD tools knowledge
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.