Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Software Quality Principal Engineer in Chesterbrook, PA
Dell Boomi, the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud™. The person we are seeking must be a highly motivated professional team player that is willing to work in a fast-paced, technology driven company where each individual’s contributions directly impact our success. Testing at Dell Boomi follows a “prevent-bugs” versus “find-bugs” strategy - our testers collaborate with team members and utilize technical problem solving to engineer quality into the product from feature conception to delivery.
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the fourth year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant
. Our award-winning
, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at www.boomi.com Responsibilities
- Work with a team of developers and testers in a highly agile environment to produce quality software to customers
- Apply development and technical skills to all aspects of QA, including automated functional and integration tests and the setup of production like environments
- Build and maintain functional regression testing suite
- We are looking for QEs that have some experience or knowledge of QA practices to work independently, without needing a set of already formulated acceptance criteria (AC) or test cases to further explore the application and find possible coverage gaps.
- Ability to formulate story acceptance criteria by independently gathering information and utilizing available resources to develop automated tests
- Gain deep knowledge of product functionality
- Develop test plan specifications and test case
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver and collaborate and communicate with team members and community.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of Automation testing experience
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with web application testing with a solid understanding of at least one of the following - Web Services, SOAP, XML, HTTP, etc
- Active participation in planning and design meetings to identify test strategy and scope; collaborate with the team to define acceptance criteria and requirements.
Company Description With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. Why work with us?
- Detailed knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle and enthusiasm for implementing Agile principles
- Proven ability to work independently with limited direction and should be a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Analytical skills to deduce the cause of issues in testing environment as well as production environments.
- Experience scripting automated tests regularly (ie: Knowledge of Robot Framework/Selenium WebDriver preferred, or other scripting languages over record and play automated tests)
- Maintain manual and automated test cases and data sets to ensure efficient test execution and test coverage.
- Application Integration and/or Data Integration (ETL) knowledge is a plus
Boomi Culture / Activities / Events
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
- Board game nights
- Soccer league team
- $100M Bowling celebration
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year for a whole week
- Company picnics
- Team lunches
- Community involvement events