DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
As part of our team, you will get to deliver creative solutions for our new Wireless venture! We're looking for a talented, driven, and passionate Wireless Operations Integration and Lifecycle Solutions Architect to join the DISH family and drive our business forward as we deliver world-class software to our customers, partners, and employees.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Represent and lead the IT Operations organization in developing, maintaining, and governing the Operational Integration of the Wireless Applications;
- Oversee the Lifecycle Architecture of the platforms that host the Wireless Applications;
- Champion concepts pertaining to Operational Readiness to gain awareness and buy-in from other development teams;
- Support integrations development efforts with an emphasis on Operational Readiness for IT systems originating outside of DISH (e.g. Mergers and Acquisitions);
- Partner and collaborate closely with Project Managers, Infrastructure and Application Architects, Enterprise Architects and other stakeholders with a focus on continuously improving the operational efficiencies and setting architectural guidelines for the platforms offered and supported by IT Infrastructure Operations;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the development teams on Application-to-Application and Business-to-Business integration and operations;
- Partner and collaborate with other solution architects and development teams in creating frameworks, orchestration and patterns to help the organization's speed of delivery while improving operational efficiencies;
- Build strategies to develop the necessary competencies throughout the organization;
- Work with the development teams to resolve any technical issues impacting performance, reliability and scalability while making sure that the solutions that are being deployed are operationally sustainable.
A successful Principal Solutions Architect of Integrations will have the following:
- BA/BS in a technical or business discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science, finance, business administration, or accounting) or relevant experience; MA/MS preferred;
- 10+ years of experience in Wireless, Internet, or Telecommunications industry;
- 5+ years of experience with distributed applications, especially OSS/BSS environments;
- Experience designing highly-available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed solutions, preferably including cloud platforms;
- Experience in software design, software deployment, infrastructure/system administration, and solution architecture;
- Experience in the following areas:
- System and Application Integration patterns;
- ELB, ALB, GTM/GSLB, ServiceMesh;
- Network and security architecture patterns;
- Containerized architectures, especially Kubernetes;
- Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning.
Additionally, experience/aptitude is desired in the following areas:
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining current delivery with rapidly changing priorities;
- Solid understanding of cloud product offerings and ecosystem of cloud technologies;
- Outstanding presentation & communication skills: must be able to present ideas and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly;
- Ability to lead and conduct technical evaluations and design sessions;
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions;
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience using Agile processes and methodologies;
- Design, Planning and Implementation: schedule, program scope, requirement to design mapping, effort estimation, resource planning, status reports;
- Reviews: Ability to conduct design and architecture reviews with relevant stakeholders to identify / manage gaps and mapping them to the technical requirements. Ability to conduct technical reviews with team members/ stakeholders for issues, tracking and closure;
- Review and monitoring of all phases of the projects (requirements gathering, design, architecture, build, testing, implementation, warranty) on a regular basis to suggest corrective actions;
- Support and guidance on individual projects to Project Managers in order to facilitate seamless integration of various pieces in the overall Program.
Compensation: $137,050.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr. Benefits:
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.