At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. We have an opening for a System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the NOALS organization.
The Payload and Ground Systems
organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems
pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
This position will be located at Schriever-Garrison, Colorado Springs (Schriever Air Force Base).What You'll get to Do:
- Work with small teams and interface with peers, customers, and senior managers primarily focused on the Operations & Sustainment of several interconnected domains
- Perform configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable
- Ensure corporate and legal guidelines are followed for managing IT hardware and software assets
- Define requirements for asset acquisition and procedures to include management and disposal strategies for the enterprise
This position can be staffed at a level 3 or 4, based on the basic qualifications below.Basic Qualifications:
- Level 3: Bachelor's + 6 years of experience; Master's + 4 year of experience. 4 additional years required in lieu of a degree.
- Level 4: Bachelor's + 10 years of experience; Master's + 8 years of experience. 4 additional years required in lieu of a degree.
- TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Experience deploying and maintaining databases
- Experience scripting on Linux or Windows servers and Workstations
- Experience deploying Mission Unique Software (MUS) in computing virtualized environments
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining system backups
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policies. Provide recommendations on project tailoring, and participate in and document project activities
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining Active Directory and Group Policy for Windows 10 and Server 16
- Documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and when needed, performing software patch installation, other fault remediation, antivirus updates, and Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) activities
- Experience developing and implementing designs for operating systems/networks using industry platform hardening practices such as DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation, and performing system scanning, analysis, remediation, mitigation, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities discovered through use of ACAS or other compliance tools
- General understanding of trouble ticket practices and tracking processes
- Solid troubleshooting, log analysis, and problem solving techniques
- Experience with VMware products, ESXi, vCenter, virtual machines, and clustering
- Experience in Server System Administration and troubleshooting analysis in some or all of the following platforms: Linux, Windows servers/clients, and Oracle/SQL Databases
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Juniper network design and testing methodologies using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience in clearing and disposing of classified hardware in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated system engineers, and system/network administrators
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Education Assistance
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Employee Discounts
Flexible schedules on some programs, like the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more Link: https://benefits.northropgrumman.comSalary Range:
$83,800 USD - $125,800 USD Salary Range 2:
$103,900 USD - $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.