|Solidus is searching for a Systems Engineer to join a team made up of technical leaders across multi-disciplined teams, possessing expert understanding of aerospace technology and payload architectures for spacecraft sub-systems and instruments. |
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with a range of responsibilities from spacecraft requirements management & allocation, system concept development, design & analysis to procurement and integration & test of payload level sensor systems for the aerospace and commercial community.
This engineer will be the primary technical interface to customers and the technical leads on programs responsible for directing engineering analysis and evaluation efforts across all technical disciplines for complex electro-optical (EO) systems.
Additional responsibilities include developing alternative designs to satisfy mission level requirements, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation, and developing plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance; Active Secret preferred
- BS in an Engineering discipline, MS preferred
- Experienced in developing electro-optical payloads for aerospace & military defense applications.
- Expert knowledge in system level hardware design & development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for space-based environments.
- Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments is required.
- Experience generating cost & schedule plans and estimates is required.
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is required.
- Experience with DOORS is highly desirable.
- Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience supporting new business pursuits and proposals efforts is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring of other engineers.
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm