DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer (Programming) (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Conduct Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) automation and improvement in support of the Government client's IT Systems. Responsible for the creation of automation scripts using programming language such as Python to automate the operations and management of the system builds and Information Technology platforms. Responsible for custom script development to interact with various application programming interfaces (API's) and troubleshooting hyper-converged, converged, and traditional server hardware and software. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create API integration and automation scripts with the Python programming language.
- Automate system and application builds.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce the requirement for human intervention.
- Assist with the deployment and sustainment of a very large multi- tenant Anything as a Service (XaaS) offering with a focus on Transport as a Service (TaaS), Network as a Service (NaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service.
- Design, build, and sustain a large multi-tenant network fabric.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and upgrading of hyper-converged, converged, and traditional server and storage infrastructure.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- May be asked to provide assistance with the creation and maintenance of trusted computing components, such as operating system images, application templates, platform as a service infrastructure, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the review of potential technologies proposed for integration with the environment.
- Document development efforts using a combination of code comments, project issue tracking, change requests, and formal documentation.
- Understand agile software design and be able to create/consume stories within a sprint structure.
- Ensure that software deployments minimally impact production workloads running in production environments. All developed components should be produced in accordance with industry best practices for high availability environments.
- Performance of analysis and tests, as needed, to aid the design process and to document the end item business functionality and performance requirements.
Location and other information:
- 7+ years of experience required. Years of experience may be substituted for degree and certification requirements upon approval by the Government.
- Minimum of one active professional level certification for Cisco, Microsoft, or Linux.
- This position requires an ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE. Interim TS clearance may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- Strong experience creating API integration and automation scripts with at least one of the following scripting or programming languages: Python, Perl, YAML (Python is preferred).
- Experience with Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), JSON, REST-CONF, and YANG.
- Significant experience in one or more domains of information technology expertise such as hardware (hyper-converged, converged, and traditional server hardware ), Networking (Software Defined Networking, IPv4, TCP, Flow Control, OSPF/BGP/EIGRP/VRRP/HSRP, VXLAN/OTV/DCI, Virtual Port Channels, mLAG, Netflow, IPSEC/VPN, etc.), Virtualization (ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM, Nutanix Prism Pro), Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux), and Cloud operations (Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, On prem Cloud, DevOPS infrastructure strategies.)
- Experience with orchestration platforms, including at least one of the following orchestration controllers: Cisco/Tail-f/NSO, Red Hat Ansible.
- Experience in automating system and application builds .
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.