Job ID: 2115576 Location:
FORT BELVOIR , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer at INSCOM in Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Principal Systems Engineer will work within the Intelligence Community collaborating in technical design, deployment and infrastructure maintenance of systems crucial to national security located in Fort Belvoir, VA. Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back onsite Ft Belvoir, VA.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Translates the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) operational intelligence requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex solutions and integrating architecture.
- Supports material development and implementation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using virtualization and cloud native technologies.
- Leads development of systems integration, migration plans/schedules.
- Develops technical solutions for system modernization initiatives for a very large variety of complex INSCOM intelligence systems.
- Analyzes and resolves information assurance technical problems. Areas of focus include Cross Domain Solutions, Software Defined Networking, "Smart Cards" and emerging technologies and future trends. Supports the integration of IA solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces and system design.
- Troubleshoot engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area of hardware, software, network, and virtualization.
Desired (but not required):
- Bachelors and 10 years or more experience; Masters and 8 years or more experience; PhD or JD and 5 years or more experience.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience working within the Intelligence Community (IC).
- TS/SCI required security clearance, with the ability to obtain a Poly.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and virtualization to include Desktops as a Service (DaaS), in particular cloud native technologies.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and familiarization with protocol and/or interface standards.
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP (to include multicast), information security/authorization profiles or security administration of Linux and Windows network, systems.
- Must be experienced in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into changes through reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisition, installations and tests.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) highly desired / recommended.
- Scripting experience - powershell, etc
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.