Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover. Job Description
Responsibility of the role is to design the Enterprise System Management (ESM) roadmap, contain potential gaps, conduct digital forensics, and deliver highly-complex secure systems, monitoring applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. Drive Systems Management framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design.
Principal Software Engineers are expected to have expert level of knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform and systems software development principles and best practices to independently resolve problems and make major changes to existing processes/systems.
Minimum QualificationsAt a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Acts as a principal advisor to upper management in Enterprise System Management matters. Provides guidance to Engineers in the design and development of solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Works closely with business analysts, engineers, and architects to ensure requirements are effectively met through all phases of system lifecycles. Determines whether systems perform as expected, provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and takes action to remediate issues and resolve gaps. Directs solutions and technical assurance in alignment with business risk and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with management to define promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members.
- Provides subject matter expertise across all enterprise system management technologies. Oversees projects and initiatives to ensure complete and timely delivery of key objectives.
- Works autonomously and with Associate/Software engineers to support and maintain products the team is responsible for by ensuring availability of all tools and completing customer requests
- Actively participates in agile team and ceremonies.
- Works with other product teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams.
- Acts as a principal advisor to upper management in all related product matters
- Provides mentorship to Engineers in the design and development of solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance.
- Determines whether systems perform as expected, provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and takes action to remediate issues and resolve gaps.
- Works closely with management to define promote the strategic direction of the team.
- Adheres to regulatory, PDP, Change Management and Internet Department processes and standards, ensuring all projects are compliant.
- Document software and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Actively contribute to best practices to support a strong software architecture.
- Follows proper handling of sensitive data per security guidelines.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to leverage agile/iterative/lean processes to deliver projects faster.
- Proposes ideas to better position our applications to support future business and technology initiatives.
- Incorporates and supports new technology/frameworks to support our continuous integration efforts.
- Participates in rotational on call and pager activities
- Actively engages in continuous professional development plan
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Business or Analytics
- 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- 6 years of ServiceNow development experience, including Application UI, workflows, notifications, SLAs and Service Catalog forms
- Experience with design, development, deployment, and maintenance of secure integrations using REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, SOAP, OAuth, or OpenID Connect.
- Experience with IT integration services and reporting tools.
- Experience with RDBMS: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications including the ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical audiences will understand
- Experience with multiple ServiceNow platform products desired
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience with ITIL methodology #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law)
. We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.