3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Principal Technical Architect to join our team in Atlanta GA, Irvine CA, or North Hills NY.
Have you worked on innovative product experiences? Are you looking to change an entire industry by solving key consumer problems and delivering connected client experiences for car dealerships everywhere? We are looking for someone with Automotive retail experience who knows what it takes to make our online digital transaction be as easy as having your groceries delivered to your door.
Cox Automotive offers the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. We are on a journey to transform our product portfolio into a broad offering of reusable microservices delivered via containers in the cloud, enabling the rapid delivery of industry leading user experiences that customers love. Principal architects are the technology change agents delivering this modernization and innovation. They are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions for key Cox Automotive business domains including vehicle valuation, acquisition, pricing, inventory movement, and merchandising
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation!Technology We Use:
Qualifications: Required Experience (minimum):
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Own the modernizations and innovations of a Cox Automotive ISS domain
- Champion technology and architecture-related investments, advocating for the priority of this work
- Define solution architectures aligned to business needs in collaboration with product and engineering
- Facilitate collaborative design discussions and drive design reviews
- Partner with product to envision future features and help plan development sequences
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering
- Assist with the development of architecture standards
- Assist with improving architecture practices
- Assist with governing software development to ensure satisfaction of non-functional requirements
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches
- Build software prototypes to assess emerging technologies
What We Look For (preferred):
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical architect
- 10+ years of experience in software development for mid-size to large corporations
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack through self-teaching
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure services and solution architectures
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design and common patterns
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high quality blog posts and technical documentation
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.Automotive industry experience and/or a willingness to become an expert
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.