Principal UX/UI Lead Designer
Pasadena CA or Pleasanton CA
Client is seeking a solid Principal UX Lead to work within our Digital Experience Center to deliver new and updated features and experiences for Kaiser Permanente's web and mobile channels. The chosen candidate will lead a small team of 1 to 6 internal UX designers, shaping the overall experience and design of a product area within Kaiser Permanente.
* Act as the user advocate on cross-functional teams, ensuring that we are moving towards providing an optimal user experience for our members in terms of interactions and design aesthetic.
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team of other designers, editors, developers, product and project managers to ensure that we are executing against project goals and milestones.
* Ingest the business requirements, product goals and technical capabilities and come up with a successful UX solution that meets the business and experience needs.
* Provide direction and support in regards to user interaction and experience, ensuring that users are able to interact with our products in intuitive, usable, and delightful ways.
* Provide direction and support in regards to visual design, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, and adding the look and feel for brand identity and KP standards.
* Create key design deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, style guides, visual design comps and interactive prototypes throughout the project lifecycle.
* Apply Kaiser Permanente branding guidelines, UX standards and voice to a consistent brand experience.
* Collaborate with the research team on usability testing, providing insight as well as prototypes for testing.
* Collaborate with development to check that output coincides with an optimal user experience.
* Collaborate with and occasionally lead outside vendors and agencies on projects that include cross-collaboration between external and internal resources.
* Research and explore how emerging technology, design, behavior, and health care trends can best be applied to KP's member experience.
* Minimum of 8 years of UX/UI experience.
* Expert in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
* Expert in Sketch and InVision.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Experience working with cross-functional teams.
* Proven experience working with strict brand and style guide standards in a bigger company environment.
* Deep knowledge of responsive web and mobile design principles, trends, competition, and technical limitations.
* Healthcare or Financial Services industry experience.
* Mobile UX experience.
* Enterprise experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or design preferred.
* Component design experience.