Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Principal UX Designer
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that designs cloud-based integration software for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual, drag & drop interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs. Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphias Best Places to Work. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
Were looking for a T-shaped generalist ( not a unicorn) to join our emerging UX practice. If you are a research-driven Interaction Designer with strong verbal and visual communication skills, an attention to detail, and a team-oriented spiritlets talk. Youll be an influence on our organization and the user experience of our products, specifically responsible for leading the design and usability of 1-2 of those products. This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Understand complex technological concepts and communicate them in simplified, visua form.
- Collaborate and communicate across teams and roles
- Design with consistency, and an attention to detail
- Exhibit broad knowledge of qualitative research methods and how / when to apply them
- Contribute to our UI guidelines and their maintenance
- Design inclusively, with a demonstrated understanding of WCAG 2.0
- Contribute to building and influencing our emerging UX practice
- Think both conceptually and pragmatically about product strategy to ensure that Boomi remains an industry leader
- History of leading design efforts for product development, or complex business systems and applications
- Strong empathy for our customers, and the ability to discover and define their business needs.
- Exceptional verbal and visual communication skills
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud, and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Ability to create sketches and wireframes to communicate workflows and features to others
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- The desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate independently
- Willingness to provide and accept constructive criticism
- Work samples and/or case studies that show us how you work through the process, and the outcome of those efforts
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Working familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Formal visual design skills
- A desire to mentor others
- Involvement in the UX community
Boomi Culture / Activities / Events
- Board game nights
- Soccer league team
- $100M Bowling celebration
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year for a whole week
- Company picnics
- Team lunches
- Community involvement events
Boomi is located in Chesterbrook, PA and is close to great shops, dining, and SEPTA regional rail. We have a relaxed office environment with intelligent, supportive colleagues, brightly colored walls, and lotsof whiteboard surfaces.