Remote role to start and once environment changes, candidate will be located in the Portland office. Candidate must share his portfolio.
Do you have an eye for designing delightful product experiences? Do you find delight in envisioning elegant and efficient user journeys and systems? Are you passionate about designing experiences that support internal teams? Are you looking for new challenges? Then, come join us on the client Discover-Buy team!
Reporting to the Senior Experience Design Manager for Discover-Buy, the Principal User Experience Designer acts as the lead designer for strategic initiatives which create cohesive and scalable customer experiences to serve all of client’s product lines. You will collaborate with others in Client’s design community to ensure cohesive experiences across our ecosystem, sharing a common goal of customer-centricity, connected experiences across our products, and high quality of work.
What You’ll Need to Bring
This role requires a strategic mindset, critical thinking, proven leadership experience, and a thoughtful approach to organization, collaboration, and execution on behalf of the customer. You also need a strong portfolio showcasing your ability to design highly complex experiences. Top Five Signs You’re a Great Fit
- You’re passionate about designing things people love to use
- You’re brave in the face of complexity and adversity
- You’re a systems thinker – you love exploring how different parts of a complex system fit together and can be made to work seamlessly
- You are passionate about telling a compelling story about the way things are and the way things should be by drawing from both qualitative and quantitative data.
- You have a positive, can-do approach that invites collaboration
- Lead experience design initiatives and help set strategy by evaluating and identifying the intersection of business needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities.
- Partner closely with your design peers, product management, design program management, and engineering in exploring, planning, verifying, and building solutions.
- Construct compelling artifacts (wireframes, conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, presentations, etc.) that outline present conditions and proposed solutions to gain strategic alignment and encourage innovation within and across the organization.
- Plan and conduct customer research activities throughout the project lifecycle, including collaborative sessions with customers and development partners to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Participate in the continuous improvement of customer experience tools and processes, and scalable experience design standards.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by engaging with designers throughout the company and beyond to share best practices and promote collaboration.
- Plan and facilitate design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively solve complex design
- 8+ years of related professional user experience design and customer research experience
- 4+ years designing e-commerce/banking/internal support experiences
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams in problem definition and analysis, understanding customer workflows, creating prototypes and designs that solve customer problems
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Ability to present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, learning content development, marketing, sales, and executive-level stakeholders
- Up-to-date expertise in human-centered design best practices
- Experience with designing and conducting customer research using various methods, including interviewing, contextual inquiry, usability testing, etc.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex ideas, and large amounts of data and viewpoints, to their essence
- Proficient in both UX and visual design
- BA/BS or graduate degree in HCI, interaction design, new media
- design, or equivalent experience
- Experience with agile software design methods
- Expertise in designing and implementing multi-channel experiences
- Experience with user experience design for desktop software
- Knowledge of Autodesk products