At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. The selected candidate will be required to work on-site, full-time, at our Linthicum facilities. Essential Functions:
- Perform as a primary Windows/VMware Systems Administrator for a classified government contact.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Understands vulnerability, and risk mitigation in accordance with RMF & DoD JSIG standards
- Experience with Splunk to include managing/maintaining indexers, search heads and deployment servers, creating and maintaining dashboards for users, creating custom extracts/regular expressions, familiarity with Splunk Query Language. Ability to deploy new Splunk servers.
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs, deploying new STiGs & working with IT/IA to develop POA&Ms for vulnerabilities that cannot be mitigated or STIG settings that cannot be applied
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Currently active DoD Secret security clearance; maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company and also by program and /or customer requirements; maintaining a SAP/SAR clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 security certification; otherwise an ability to obtain certification within 3 months of hire date as a condition of continued employment.
- Ability to support multiple networks, ensure necessary system administration tasks are completed independently with minimal supervision, and be able to work as part of a team environment with other IT/technical professionals.
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture in a classified environment, including working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS management, DHCP scopes, WSUS/SCCM, and basic networking/subnetting.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
- Server management experience.
- Windows domain architecture experience.
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and verbal format.
- Experience giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
$88,000 USD - $132,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.