At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals on the Colorado Springs, CO Campus. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform as a System Administrator for a classified government contract
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR 3 years of related experience in lieu of completed degree.
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience managing Windows OS and domain architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience managing Linux OS
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
- Server management
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
- VMWare experience with current version
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
- Rudimentary Scripting
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
$83,800 USD - $125,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.