Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
If you are ready to join Northrop Grumman? If so, we areseeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Dulles, VA. As a member of our team of professionals, you willperform analysis, design, or test of complex designs based on specific objectives independently. In addition, study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluation of completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Will develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. Specific Job Duties:
Basic Qualifications: This position will be hired as a level 3 or 4 Based on the below qualifications: 1. Level 3:5 Years ofdirect experiencewith Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. or Level 4: 9 Years of direct experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. 2. Solid background and understanding of the following:
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - Independently studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
- Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
3. Understanding of digital and mixed signal circuit design 4. Experience working as a member of a team, collaborating effectively with an integrated team of customers, vendors, users, and co-workers. 5. Ability to work independently, on a large team, and on concurrent tasks 6. Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills 7. Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to articulate results/reports. 8. CurrentTop Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Preferred Qualifications: 1.CurrentTS/SCI with CI Poly 2. Familiarity with spaceflight electronics development 3. A passion for space and space technology
- Analog circuit design
- Power electronics (power switching, DC/DC conversion, battery charge control, solar array power interface)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.