Overview Privilege Access Management (PAM) Engineer Our Team:
At BNY Mellon, Cyber Security is a top priority for both technology and the business
Our Information Security Division is on constant alert using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology, and business processes to develop and deliver solutions. In this fast-paced environment, we collaborate to respond to current risks while identifying and anticipating future threats.
Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security).
We provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise.
We drive an understanding of cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation The Role:
As the Privilege Access Management (PAM) Engineer
you will be responsible for providing technical expertise for the PAM Engineering team, establish and document policies, procedures, and guidelines related to the user and system access. You will be responsibile r esolving technical issues in the PAM Platform through problem tracking, diagnosis and root-cause analysis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution for moderately complex issues. Key Responsibilites:
- You will be responsible for analyzing existing and potential new PAM tools and technologies to enhance and improve processes
- Ensure that proper security settings are applied to reflect the model of least privilege
- Understand all PAM functions including but not limited to user entitlement reviews, service account life cycle management, environment hygiene, vaulting, breakglass, and conflicting combinations
- You will need to provide governance for the lifecycle and workflow for all enterprise Privileged accounts
- Analyze, define, and prioritize the business and functional requirements for PAM initiatives
- Identify control gaps and coordinate resolution
- Ensure PAM tools and processes adhere to IAM governance and compliance policies
- You will need to serve as a contributor on departmental standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines
- You will work independently, under moderate supervision in response to general work direction
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to PAM platforms, design, configuration, support, and processes
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience of Hitachi ID (HiPAM) and other PAM systems (e.g. CyberArk)
- Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory, and relevant IT architecture experience
- Knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- You must have a solid understanding of Cloud platforms such as: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with identity and access management (IAM) concepts, such as identify lifecycle management, password policies, least privilege, Zero Trust, etc.
- Strong understanding with privileged access management controls
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise level Identity Access
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with good stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor's or master-s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 6-8 years of experience in information security including PAM technology
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.