YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Analyze business needs to develop and implement solutions that leverage systems and processes with a considerable degree of latitude. Work with the business to understand their needs, related to information technology and enhance business processes by identifying new functionality. Utilize advanced knowledge of the organization's technology infrastructure and specific software applications to assist the business with implementing strategic vision through technology. Coordinate and conduct complex system analyses through data acquisition and modeling. Identify, coordinate, document, and implement business requirements by determining solutions that enhance business systems, as well as provide support to business operations and processes. Work is performed under limited supervision.
• Identify business requirements (e.g., needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output) and translate into delivered technical solutions
• Utilize Navy Federal approved software development tools and software applications to design, develop, implement and maintain low code or no code business solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies
• Facilitate user acceptance testing to include developing and executing test cases, test criteria, scenarios, and communication with project teams; ensure acceptance of delivered solutions; validate and document results
• Partner with project teams to plan, coordinate and rollout software change/release to Controlled Testing and Production; obtain required approvals and transition project to production
• Provide follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement project implementations to assure timely action, support and achievement of expected benefits
• Interact with other ISD staff, Automation Center of Excellence staff, and business units (end users) in problem resolution efforts
• Collaborate with key partners in the development and delivery of solutions
• Involved in cross-organizational task groups concerning new automated systems, products and/or services
• Perform annual recertification on Navy Federal standards as they relate to the platform
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Center of Excellence and ISD Application Management standards and processes
• Create and maintain accurate, detailed and consistent documentation thru all phases of the Systems Development Life-Cycle
• Contribute knowledge management articles for created solutions to designated Center of Excellence enterprise asset management repository
• Apply and communicate changes and new trends in systems/technology
• Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Analyze information, requirements, data, work quality, work methods, processes, service specific practices, standards and metrics/statistics
• Interpret results of analysis; present recommendations, alternatives and implications
• Analyze, define and document technical design for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interface with other systems, internal and external controls and output
• Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices, evaluate results, and provide leadership and guidance to ensure successful implementation of business unit projects
• Develop, recommend and document adjustments to workflow to streamline processes
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Partner with other business units and vendors to improve procedures, resolve problems, and implement initiatives; present conclusions and recommendations to management
• Utilize performance measurements and indicators to identify areas for improvement; develop process improvement plans for each performance indicator or area identified
• Develop and oversee project plans and roadmaps that outline preventative and corrective actions necessary to remediate control deficiencies, maximize effectiveness and mitigate future exposure
• Lead, guide and mentor Business Solutions Developer Is & IIs
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Advanced knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the Automation Center of Excellence guardrail document or Information Technology Infrastructure Library
• Significant experience in working with application development platforms (e.g., Pega, SharePoint, Maven, JAVA, PHP, C#, etc.)
• Significant experience in programming with "low-code" or "no code" software applications
• Extensive experience with automation tools and/or platforms (e.g. Automation Anywhere, UIPath, Blue Prism, Pega, etc.)
• Experience in an agile solutions development environment
• Significant experience in developing and testing software
• Significant experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools
• Advanced knowledge of data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
• Ability to analyze technical issues in order to recommend, develop and/or implement strategies and achieve objectives
• Significant experience in communicating complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Significant experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Effective skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
• Significant experience in leading collaborative work teams
• Significant experience in leading projects and/or initiatives of medium to large scope
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Significant experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
• Advanced skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Advanced skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Advanced database, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
• Participate in mandatory Navy Federal standards and policy training, including information security, testing, knowledge management, records information management and enterprise Architecture Review Board standards
• Complete ISD Service Transition Change Management training on deploying software to production and adhere to applicable organizational and software change management procedures
• Complete specified number of on-the-job apprenticeship hours under supervision of a designated technical lead
• Successfully complete required training, assessments and certifications to learn core principles of the citizen development application development platforms
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Pegasystems Certification (PCRSA, PCSA, etc.)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Salary: (Level III) $72,300 - $123,500
(Level IV) $83,100 - $142,000
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.