Location: CHICAGO, IL OR RICHARDSON, TX
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
- This position is responsible for assisting with leading the team with all departmental short-term and long-term planning, assisting the leadership team on executing the business plan, strategies, analytics and data needs for the department; working with enterprise areas to ensure there is alignment; creating insights and analytics in support of the department; analyzing complex problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide strategic insight to decision-makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences; providing high level consultation to users while leading cross-functional teams to address the department s issues.
- Responsible for developing, enhancing and optimizing PMO standards, tools, and methodologies; creating department and enterprise level reports to manage and drive project performance and quality management; driving individual department initiatives that support quality and improvement efforts (e.g. training, professional development, communications, processes, reporting, and tools) across the PMO; managing the relationships with key HealthTech and Business leaders as related to project management standards and processes; ensuring for the efficiency and effectiveness of PMO tools, methodologies and processes to promote consistent service delivery, plus drive for continuous improvement; mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Driving process transformation through identifying, prioritizing, and implementing improvement opportunities to align with strategic objectives.
- Serving as the "change agent" working with the EPMO team to review system and industry best- practices as a basis for enhancing existing processes.
- Translating strategy into business requirements and problems into process change requirements and making recommendations accordingly.
- Analyze the effectiveness of current process to develop strategies to improve effectiveness.
- Create reports, insights and analytics.
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on stakeholder needs; providing recommendations to users.
- Perform research and assist in analyzing data related to the department s strategic initiatives and broader research needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build relationships; and continuously gain a deeper understanding of data to meet business needs.
- Analyze complex problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Facilitate Interaction in both one-on-one and in group settings with team members and others to identify issues, gather data, brainstorm, discuss analytic approach, and share findings.
- Maintain a thorough and advanced working knowledge of systems, databases and sources to make informed analytical requests, data gathering techniques, and analytical interpretations.
- Perform special projects as required or requested.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and at least 5 years work experience OR technical degree and at least 7 years work experience OR at least 9 years work experience.
- 4 years of experience managing program or project portfolios for a broad range of organizations and/or functions, and at least 2 years of experience managing complex programs and projects.
- Ability to influence (indirect reports, stakeholders, and leaders) and execute while navigating organizational politics.
- Teamwork and collaboration, as well as leadership ability.
- Ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts/processes.
- Conflict management and Customer relationship management.
- Strategic vision and analytical thinking.
- Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding project / program status reporting, project management methodologies, and project management tools.
- Clear and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with all levels of management and employees, including developing and delivering presentations.
- IT standards, procedures and policies (e.g., HIPAA.).
- Experience with project management lifecycle and Software Development lifecycle (SDLC); Knowledge of required technologies, including third party solutions.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience working in Healthcare industry.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experience and/or PMP certified.
- Negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Understanding of future/emerging technologies; knowledge of required technologies, including 3rd party vendors
- Adaptability/ability to manage change.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with Clarity PPM tool and/or other similar tools.
- Delivery methodology understanding (e.g., scrum).
- Solution Delivery Methodology or CMMI experience.
- Security standards and regulatory compliance tools and platforms.
- System and technology integration.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, and make trade-off decisions.
- Business acumen and customer relationship management.
- Analytical thinking and consultative problem solving/consulting.
- Drive results by working across departments in matrixed environment.
- Experience with business analytics and information synthesis.
- Knowledge of strategic planning techniques and industry trends.
- Understanding of healthcare technical concepts and products and services.