Requisition Number: 5872Required Travel: 11 - 25%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/ FS PolyLevel of Experience: SeniorEmployee Referral Bonus Amount: [[filter10]]Summary
Come join our Cyber and Engineering Team! Our Systems and Software Engineers support cyber, intelligence and engineering customers with high end services to advance mission goals. Our experts provide actionable, timely intelligence that protects our nation from adversaries intent on disrupting our freedoms and harming our nation. Together, we are an integral part of an important mission we go to work every day with the knowledge and pride that our accomplishments make a difference.
HII-Mission Technologies is looking to hire a Process/System Engineer to support mission focused operations at one of our IC customers. The Process Engineer will support the customer Cyber Security Team to identify and assess organizational, business and/or user needs, constraints, and requirements as they relate to the systems processes and procedures. The position will be at the customer site in North Laurel, MD. *CI *MV *TEWhat you will do
What we are looking for
- Identify any new and/or existing processes and/or procedures needed for any current system
- Assist the Senior System Engineers to develop a proposed schedule for all current systems by working with the PMs and TDs to develop transitional roadmaps into future solutions
- Document the day in the life of a system, breaking down what each system does, documenting what the new system must be capable of and building an implementable plan for transition of services
- May be expected to travel between sites as part of the duties required for this TTO
- Support system management planning
- Build technical plans
- Develop documentation for the configuration of systems and equipment to the network
- Assist in analyzing problems to determine technical solutions
- Make proposal on what procedures will be required to solve technical problems
- Assist in developing conceptual designs or models to address requirements
- Assist in researching new capabilities and plan evaluations
- Provide configuration management support to a Cyber Security Operations Team
- Assist with the analysis and documentation of new and current systems and processes and evaluate potential new systems/processes
Bonus points for...
- 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience
- 15 years of experience with Process Improvement on large programs and contracts required; experience is to include, within the last 10 years, 5 years of experience in facilitation, training, methodology development and evaluation, process engineering across all phases of acquisition identifying best practices, change management techniques, organizational development, activity and data modeling, or information system development methods and practices
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Should be familiar with SharePoint, Service Now, and Confluence
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team setting to complete assigned tasks within an expected time frame
- Adaptable to a dynamic work environment
Office, industrial, or shipboard environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances. Lifting and moving materials may be required.
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare
, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.