At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy. Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
The Process Engineer is a safety sensitive position responsible to ensure that the plants are safely operating at their optimum efficiency and that improvement or modification projects are implemented where warranted and in accordance with good engineering practices. The role will provide technical support and service to operations as directed. Additionally, this position will collaborate with other engineers throughout CF Industries to share best practices and execute a world class engineering program at the Verdigris Complex. Job Description: See what your future holds.
CF industries' mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our focus on building a culture of quality work, long-term thinking, and supportive communities means we offer the perfect place to learn and get better at what you do, while having a positive impact on the world.
You are smart, ethical and a lot of people consider you resourceful. When you join CF industries, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge, and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. Position Overview:
The Process Engineer is a safety sensitive position responsible to ensure that the plants are safely operating at their optimum efficiency and that improvement or modification projects are implemented where warranted and in accordance with good engineering practices. The role will provide technical support and service to operations as directed. Additionally, this position will collaborate with other engineers throughout CF Industries to share best practices and execute a world class engineering program at the Verdigris Complex. What you'll do - Example Activities:
- Ensures the process is operated in a safe and environmentally compliant manner and endeavors to enhance and protect the safety of plant employees.
- Provides a good knowledge and understanding of the operating principles and procedures for various process equipment and the effects of process parameters on production. Identifies sources of plant issues and recommends solutions to maintain safe operations; Supports operations personnel in areas requiring technical assistance.
- Monitors key operating parameters to identify trends and recommend changes. Examples include turbine and compressor efficiencies, cooling water surveys, catalyst surveys, DCS trends, and laboratory results.
- Provides a working knowledge of the maintenance activities in order to determine what can be done while on-stream and what must be deferred to a shutdown period.
- Provides detailed engineering support to monitor and progress the Management of Change process. Assists in training operations personnel on process changes
- Coordination of all assigned Process Safety Management activities such as a) assisting in the development and organization of Process Safety Information, b) participating in Process Hazard Analyses and LOPA studies, c) participating in incident investigations, d) developing and maintaining Standard Operating Conditions and Limits, e) providing resolution to recommendations.
- Actively participates in turnaround and/or plant shutdown activities, including planning, implementation, and verification stages.
- Actively monitors, balances, and corrects site production, inventory, and shipping data. Works with accounting and operations to perform month-end reporting of production, inventory, and shipping. Identifies issues with site metering and ensures they are corrected in a timely manner.
- BS degree in Chemical engineering.
- Experience in a production, manufacturing, or plant environment subject to the OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM) regulation; candidate to have a minimum three (3) years of experience.
- Solid communication skills including the ability to effectively converse in English, compose written documents and interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Familiar with applicable codes, regulations, and standards.
Successful Incumbents will have:
- 3+ years of experience in the ammonia and/or urea synthesis processes. Demonstrated success in troubleshooting problems within those processes.
- Experience with catalyst monitoring, selection, removal, installation, and reduction.
- Experience with the HAZOP methodology as used in PHA.
- Working knowledge of relief system design and applicable codes (API 520, API 521, ASME Sec 8, etc.)
- Experience executing the engineering, procurement, and construction of small capital projects <$1MM.
Total Rewards at CF
- Works in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills
- Physical capability, availability, willingness, and ability to work in a team environment
- Good interpersonal and influential skills
- Strong computer related skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated in advancing to the highest level possible
- High functioning engineering knowledge and related work experience
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK