A Process Engineer is responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining processes and procedures to meet business objectives. They analyze and identify opportunities for process improvements and develop initiatives for continuous process improvements. They ensure compliance with customer and company proposed standards. Work with other process engineers in integration of new and existing business processes. Use best practices to carry out process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities. Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks. Develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs. Build and evaluate financial models for cost estimation, cash flow and cost reduction. Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, costs. What does a great Industrial Engineer (IE) do?
Are you the type of engineer that hates to see waste, who loves to make things better and can lead without formal authority? It’s a tough job that you can love if you have the right personality to reach out to people up and down the organization to present your vison for a better way to do things and get everyone on board to do the hard work to actually change.
• You will drive cultural change by building partnerships with Business Unit leaders to equip & enable customer centric, process focused, data driven decisions into the way we lead and work by utilizing industry best practice methodologies to improve quality and client satisfaction.
• An IE acts as a change agent to lead performance quality awareness and the understanding and use of process improvement tools.
• You will lead the assessment, identification and realization of productivity and other operations improvement opportunities. You will need to seek out what needs to be done, prioritize the work, and get things done.
• An IE Supports end-to-end process development expertise ranging from early process definition all the way through to process implementation.
• You will develop solutions for problems by innovating, designing, and developing processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation by working with suppliers.
• An IE facilitates regular reviews of quality and process improvement metrics at the site and identifies and drives projects that improve these metrics and deliver results.
• You will implement process solutions taking into consideration how to integrate into the business, account for culture change, determine necessary organizational structure changes, and other factors necessary for a successful implementation.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred)
• Minimum of 3 to 7 years’ experience in process improvement, quality or equivalent functions
• Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Excellent facilitation skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively share success and ideas across the Division
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience in material handling automation
• Working knowledge of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma
• Proficiency in Minitab/statistical analysis tools
• Proficiency in Finite Capacity scheduling tools and technology