- This Specialist will work closely with multiple departments to support supplier partner management with a variety of activities including supplier selection, negotiation, contracting, performance management, relationship management, escalation, and contract compliance. This position will support the procurement strategy along key verticals for Intelsat Inflight by collaborating with internal and external customers in tailoring Supply Chain strategies to leverage opportunities, mitigate obstacles and drive performance to meet Intelsat Inflight objectives. Ideal candidates have experience managing suppliers, excel at analytic problem solving, and are comfortable pushing a broad variety of projects to completion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing & negotiating contracts, terms, and deadlines with suppliers under the supervision of the Procurement Manager/Leadership
- Shepherding agreements through the review and approval process, and maintaining them in the online contract management system
- Ensuring contract data is correctly loaded in our ERP system
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting out on status of key projects and vendors
- Leading monthly Supplier Performance Reviews
- Assembling and distributing Supplier Scorecards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in Supplier management, Sourcing, Project Management, and/or Vendor qualification.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (i.e. V-lookups, pivot tables, if statements, etc.)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with internal & external stakeholders, and all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills with track record to meet deliverables and project deadlines in cross-functional environment.
- Ability to focus on details, organize, and follow through.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a dynamic, fast paced setting.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience with SQL, BI tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau), and/or ERP Systems (i.e. Dynamics NAV) a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or