Please note that this is a 9 months contract position.
Candidates must have Public Trust Clearance
Job Description: - Responsible for coordinating all technical aspects and assisting with strategic and legal aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery.
- Provide assistance for data reduction and Record Control Schedule projects.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle, applying in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on the EDRM, especially collection efforts.
- Consults with case teams to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement project plans, including data collection, and high-level projects.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison for electronic discovery issues between the legal team and contractor(s) to ensure proper communication between the parties. Advises legal team on best practices for data collection and search queries in Digital Safe.
- Ensures standard procedures for electronic discovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied across the life of the case.
Oversees the creation of statistical reports on work productivity to the client.
- Delegates appropriate workflow tasks, including data management, processing, production and quality control for HPeD review platform.
Conducts regular briefings on new technology and process improvements with regard to electronic discovery.
- Champion and support the client on high level projects, requiring monthly updates to the CIO and other leadership teams.
Proficient in Digital Safe Archival Tool and HP eDiscovery Review Platform, Visio, PowerPoint, Mini Tab, Microsoft Office Products, including O365.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
- Must possess detailed planning and organizational skills and have a thorough understanding of processes at each stage of eDiscovery EDRM lifecycle.
- Acts as primary Case Manager for all legal matters involving two currently existing cases.
• Directs technical teams and facilitates the integration of subtasks to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors
• Serves as focal point to the Government Project Manager for managing all tasks and subtasks and as Principal Representative for project direction and providing project status updates, including financial status
• Provides information to the Government regarding significant issues, provides recommended solutions in a transparent manner, and takes corrective action to issues brought by the Government Project Manager or COR
Minimum of 10 years of IT delivery experience, 5-7 years in a project management role
5-7 years experience managing projects in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies
Minimum Bachelor's degree preferred; Science, Business or related disciplines preferred (Master's Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
GSLC: GIAC Security Leadership Certification
GCPM: GIAC Certified Project Manager Certification
PMP Project Management Professional
For consideration, please reference job number 2027.