As a Product Architect at Oculus, you will lead architecture on upcoming VR products, help drive the overall strategy & roadmap, and be a part of the teams designing, building, and testing prototypes for future consumer virtual reality experiences. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, able to map trade-spaces, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
Starting with a broad engineering background in electrical, mechanical, optics, silicon, or related fields, we're looking for a unique system designer or architect. The ideal candidate would have strong systems skills, previous roles driving architecture convergence on complex consumer electronics products, and experienced with SoC evaluation, optical systems, sensors, CV algorithms, software, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual reality experiences, and help advance technology and research roadmaps
- Engage cross-functionally with product management, leadership, and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline
- Work closely with various organizations internal and external to drive investment strategy, define and execute the long term roadmaps
- Lead various slices product architecture for roadmap products
- Communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- BS in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in product or hardware design
- Experience in a team driving product architecture for high volume consumer electronics products
- Experience working with one or more of these technologies: displays, optics, silicon, sensors, computer vision, machine learning, graphics
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross functional functions
- Experience in additional fields such as software, OS, game development, cloud
- Experience in driving EE/Compute architecture for high volume consumer electronics products
- Experience working with one of these technologies: digital signal processing, real-time image processing, wireless communications, or camera modules
- Experience with digital design of ASICs, benchmarking CPUs and GPUs
- Experience working with offshore partners
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.