Product Design Engineer- Ooltewah, TNMake A Difference For Those Who Make The World™
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
The Product Design Engineer is responsible for the designing new products in cooperation with Sales/Marketing requirements and also to assist with changes and redesigns of current products as required. This person will assist in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering in bringing new products through the prototype and production process.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
As a Product Design Engineer, you'll be part of our Stanley Infrastructure team located in Ooltewah, TN. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Design, develop, and test products following the NPD processes. Manage product engineering projects within cost and time requirements.
- Provides prototype and finished product designs as required. Responsible for making sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report on the findings.
- Provides product design changes as required. Uses computers extensively to produce and analyze designs, to simulate and test how an attachment operates and to generate specifications for the attachment. Work within MRP and Solidworks software to accomplish tasks.
- Verifies specifications on bids and special orders and other projects within designated product line and as requested.
- Evaluate new manufacturing technologies and recommend changes for cost effective designs and manufacturability.
- Assist the Sales department in the solicitation of new orders from existing and potential customers.
- Ensure that all products conform to the most recent and applicable standards and recommends manufacturing processes capable of producing products that will consistently conform to those standards.
- Implement and supervise product-testing programs for new or revised products.
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments to actively seek out ideas for new products and redesigns of existing products.
- Researches, specifies and approves all non-standard purchased components and assists
- Purchasing with procurement of said components Project scope and as requested.
- Responsible for all drawing information and accuracy within designated product line and as requested. Assist Technical Publications in creation and maintenance of product manuals.
- Responsible for all product safety related issues within designated product line and as requested.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures to contribute to a safe environment.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four year college
- A minimum of four years' prior work experience in a manufacturing or field service environment. Mechanical and hydraulic design and analysis in a construction or agricultural environment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- High level of design proficiency with solid modeling software, preferably SolidWorks, and the generation of drawings with proper use of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Effective application of simulation tools, including structural finite element analysis
- Proficiency with product data management (EPDM) and enterprise resource planning (Syteline) systems
- Demonstrated effective leadership, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to deliver proven, high quality, cost effective designs to production on time
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.