Product Design Lead (remote)Are you excited about digital and the opportunity to help transform one of the most essential industries?Join our Team!
A Product Design Lead on our digital team within Baker Hughes has ownership over mission-critical design projects with high visibility and major impact. We provide you with the support and tools you need to succeed in an incubator-like environment to help you realize your design visons and take your skills to the next level. You'll be a vital part of our digital transformation efforts, bringing fresh perspectives and a natural curiosity to everything we do. This position requires previous experience in both interaction design and visual design. The ideal candidate can take a project from discovery to polished designs, ensuring that our products meet high standards of usability and design.Partner with the best
As a Product Design Lead, you will be creating web/mobile applications for industrial internet of things. This is no sleepy corporate design gig! You'll have the opportunity to lead multiple user experience engagements and craft consumer-grade experiences using Figma. We're looking for ambitious designers who can take complete ownership of entire design projects and manage them end to end. You'll also be learning from other designers at the top of their game!
Think of all the fun you'll have...
Fuel your passion
- Taking a project through all design phases, from discovery to polished visuals.
- Collaborating with interaction designers and user interface developers to design the visual aspects of product user interfaces.
- Partnering with product owners, architects, data scientists, and engineers to build user experiences from conception to launch.
- Taking broad, conceptual ideas and quickly prototyping, testing and iterating into engaging experiences.
- Understanding and interpreting brand, user, and business needs, in order to develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented digital solutions.
- Discussing the future direction of design and user experience for the industrial internet of things.
- Participating in team discussions about current user experience design projects.
- Conducting research and evaluate emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends. Staying up-to-date on the latest design trends, digital platforms and competitive landscape and applying best practices to your work.
- Supporting design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels, device platforms and screen resolutions.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, Industrial Design, Information Systems or "STEM" (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in design related roles.
- An updated online portfolio that demonstrates novel solutions to solve complex problems and solid visual design skills.
- Experience in applying user-centered design principles across desktop, mobile, and web platforms
- Proficiency in standard design tools (Adobe CC, Figma, Axure), hand drawing and visual communication.
- Ability to advocate for user needs throughout the development life cycle in an agile environment.
- Advanced analytics experience and its expression in the user experience.
- Proven track record of owning or playing a major role in the design of applications and websites.
Work in a way that works for you
- Design System / Material Design experience
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- Experience using Figma strongly preferred
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff including senior management team
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day (aligned across Central U.S. time zone)
- Remote work options to support your work/life balance
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.