Our teams collaborate with various stakeholders and partners to create and ship delightful products at market speed to improve the lives of our customers. We are looking for experience designers who have a passion for growing their skills, engaging in interesting work, and tackling challenging problems as we build the future of connected experiences.
As a Product Designer, you will work directly with a cross functional product team to deliver cross-channel digital interactions that delight, build connections, and deliver value. Position Responsibilities
Required Skills / Experiences
- Represent the user's perspective throughout the product lifecycle - from problem discovery, solution ideation and validation through iterative development and delivery.
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
- Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, product managers, developers and fellow designers.
- Facilitate and participate in design thinking sessions with various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints.
- Rapidly iterate design prototypes and working applications.
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis.
- Develop and work with visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for business partners and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets.
- Influence the product design competency as it grows
- Present design assets, facilitate workshops and evangelize design thinking to leadership and teammates in one on one situations, small groups and to large audiences
Preferred Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related field
- Three or more years of experience (will consider co-op's and internship) in at least one of the following disciplines:
- User Research
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- One or more years of experience using Sketch and other prototyping tools
- Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related field
- Experience coaching and guiding others in UX and design.
- Experience with conducting discovery and user validation interviews
- Experience conducting market and customer research using various research methodologies
- Experience working independently with internal stakeholders and / or clients.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience working with Design Systems
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at