Product Development Manager - ConvergeHEALTH
This role will be aligned to the product development team of Deloitte's Payment Transformation Product Suite in the ConvergeHEALTH practice. ConvergeHEALTH is Deloitte Consulting's healthcare innovation and technology product arm and is committed to creating health care systems that connect patients, providers, researchers, regulators, and payors across digital platforms to make value-based, personalized health care a reality.
Work you'll do
The product development manager will lead teams to build and enhance our newest product suite and applications to streamline billing and payment interactions between Payers, Patients, and Providers, with a specific focus on leveraging cloud technologies to add advanced capabilities and improve application efficiency. This role will be a senior position managing development teams. There's an expectation this role will be involved in development at varying levels of detail, from working with product owners to identify requirements and translating documented user stories and requirements into technical approach, to spending time "hands in code" building out functionality, overseeing sprint planning and ongoing development and deliverables, maintaining product quality, and meeting deadlines.
Core Industry Solutions
OurCore Industry Solutionspractice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino).
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
• A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• 7+ years of hands-on experience developing web based, cloud and enterprise applications, ideally with experience centered around the healthcare industry (health insurance or providers)
• 3+ years in a project leadership capacity, leading development teams and managing workstreams
• Experience leading teams building API & microservice based applications and single page applications,
• Demonstrated success in designing/developing restful APIs & microservice based systems using Java, Spring Framework, JSON, and cloud-native services. Proven knowledge of inter micro-service communication and security
• Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, and user-friendly, responsive Web design
• Working knowledge of database backends including SQL (e.g. Postgres) and noSQL DBs (e.g. MongoDB/DocumentDB) and ORM frameworks. Knowledge and understanding of applying design patterns
• Experience leading teams in a fast paced Agile SDLC environment with knowledge of Scrum principles and ceremonies
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines, version control, code branching, and unit, integration and regression testing
• Experience in a highly collaborative environment working with product owners and business analysts to identify, interpret, and translate functional requirements to user stories. Ability to work with the development team to build complicated solutions to fulfill those requirements.
• Ability to communicate progress to senior leadership, identify potential issues or roadblocks, escalate issues and drive them to a resolution in a heavily matrixed environment
• Highly self-motivated, energetic, passionate team-oriented personality and working style
• Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering or related field
• Experience developing mobile applications
• Experience in new product development from ideation through implementation and maintenance
• Solid understanding of various healthcare payment domains (i.e. claims adjudication systems, healthcare billing and reimbursement processes, benefit design, healthcare insurance product designs)
• Ability to juggle many competing priorities/deadlines
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.