Product Line Manager - WORK FROM HOMEJob Description:Product Line Manager - WORK FROM HOME Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama. www.microfocus.com About the Role:
Be part of driving the future of Unified Endpoint Management and Enterprise Backup solutions with the opportunity to fundamentally impact teams and productivity across the globe. Micro Focus is an industry leading provider of endpoint management and backup solutions recognized worldwide by industry analysts and Fortune 1000 customers. Join us and help bring enterprise-class management solutions for all sizes across the enterprise.
Reporting to the VP of Products, the Portfolio Leader/Manager of Product Management will be responsible for delivering new products and solutions to support Micro Focus' strategic direction in the Unified Endpoint Management and the Continuous Backup Protection markets while driving revenue across the product portfolios. The ideal candidate will be responsible for management of multiple portfolios - leading and managing a driven, professional team of product managers.
The Portfolio Leader/Manager of Product Management will drive related business planning, strategy development and product management focus - including product definitions, roadmaps, business cases, product profitability and thought leadership. The Portfolio Leader/Manager will be expected to lead and drive improved processes, encourage more cooperation and create coherent products.The Product Line Manager will:
Education and Experience Required:
- Drive Product Management best practice through product strategy, release-level feature choices, economic rationale for every major effort and whole-product thinking while ensuring a strong strategy.
- Business Planning - establish the portfolio value proposition and vision, strategy, go-to-market (GTM) plan; develop and oversee portfolio roadmaps and product lifecycle required to meet business objectives.
- Work across functional teams to create and execute your vision for the product, routinely collaborating with and influencing colleagues in Product Development, SaaS Delivery and Support, Marketing and Sales.
- Connect activities and deliverables to business outcomes through relentlessly pushing for strategic clarity and intended business results and driving team alignment and execution in support of product and corporate objectives.
- Deliver on Micro Focus's product strategy by pushing the company's best minds to collectively deliver against the strategy while allocating technical resources strategically among portfolios, with a forward-looking market-driven mindset.
- Enable real participation and input through a unified robust input process, with a common mechanism and accessible roadmap providing clarity and understanding to both internal and external constituents.
- Mentor product managers by coaching the team through product strategies and economic decision-making and collaboration among the team to develop leading product innovators.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- BA required, MBA preferred but not required, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years product management leadership experience identifying, building, and launching cloud and service solutions
- 3+ years managing a team of Product Managers, driving functional best practice, creating a learning culture and nurturing the team and talent for advancement
- 3+ years working with or building data/information protection and endpoint management systems.
- Strong understanding and experience in agile and continuous development mythologies
- Experience in creating integrated products that are used pervasively across large enterprises
- Ability to translate strategy into consumable tactical plans for teams and constituents
- Proven track record of delivering new, revenue-driving products
- Able to demonstrate a methodical and defensible approach to decision-making and assessing investment trade-offs
- Superior presentation skills with comfort and effectiveness delivering both technical and executive level content and messaging
- Experience in leading a team, providing direction and support for product management best practice and effective decision-making
- Strong in communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Willingness to travel (20-30%)
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
MarketingMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status