A NYS agency located in New York, NY is looking for a Product Manager, Accounting & finance Products (PeopleSoft FSCM) for a full time position.
Please note that this position will be onsite.
Requirements and skills
- The Product Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the PeopleSoft FSCM application and other assigned products and in essence owns the product life cycle for these products.
- The Product Manager is responsible for managing technical IT staff assigned to design, build, and maintain one or more application-based and/or infrastructure-based products.
- The Product Manager will lead the assigned staff in agile transformation and the digital agenda and develop roadmaps for application and/or infrastructure products assigned.
- This position will manage a team of technical staff responsible for defining the launch of new products and services within the PeopleSoft Financials' and Supply Chain environment, developing technical roadmaps for existing products and delivering product features in an agile environment.
- Primary responsibilities include the detailed knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials' and Supply Chain environment and business processes as to provide guidance and leadership in the development and functional use of these systems.
- This position will work closely with business users and vendor in both development and support of the Peoplesoft and its ecosystem. The understanding of the end-to-end business process is essential.
- The product manager performs technical oversight and assessment of application and system development projects to ensure technical integrity and compliance with design requirements
- Conduct appropriate technical reviews and prepare formal evaluations of all key deliverables and work products associated with the design, coding and build of the application or software configuration including the application architecture, technical specifications, application coding, unit testing, and integration testing
- The Product Manager is responsible for management, staffing and supervision of the assigned products.
- Enterprise Product Planning
- Lead a team of multi-functional technical staff planning, building, and maintaining application and/or infrastructure products in the PeopleSoft/ERP environment.
- Lead others, as appropriate, and when necessary, that will consist of one or more agile coaches, data analytic researchers and other digital transformation personnel
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness; sustain culture and supporting assigned staff during organizational growth/changes.
- Provide direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems for their assigned products, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Human Resource Management
- Attract, develop, coach and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Build staff expertise and competence to meet evolving demands within the Enterprise Product Management unit.
- Financial Management
- Demonstrate consistent understanding of funding, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Collaborates with IT Business Management Services to identify procurement contracts to support program related activities.
- Strategy & Planning
- Assesses and makes recommendations on the improvement and re-engineering within the IT Department and work with the stakeholders at keeping the total cost of ownership down.
- Promote the use of employee self -service and mobile connectivity within products to reduce the reliance of paper.
- Automation of business process creating in-line forms and approvals, reducing the reliance on manual approvals that could be untimely.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, developing business case and cost justifications for such initiatives.
- Provides direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Advises agency IT management, as information becomes available, in the changing trends and emerging technology and their potential use within the agency.
- Directs the development of the analysis required to determine if Information Technology projects should follow a "Build" (develop with in-house staff) or "Buy" (cloud or packaged solution) methodology.
- Manages the development and implementation of new modules within assigned products.
- Advises on the selection, prioritization, development and implementation on products as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of agency IT applications and infrastructure.
- Management and Oversight
- Participates in overall business planning bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company's goals.
- Responsible for leading and reporting on various product progress and deliverables ensuring that the IT needs of the agency are met on time and within budget, including identifying weekly, monthly and annual performance targets to show progress on IT product work.
- Ensure continuous delivery of product services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of product performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation, training and retention of a diverse and high performing multi-level IT team professionals, conforming to budgetary objectives and Human Resources policy and programs in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives keeping customizations to a minimum and total cost of ownership down.
- Knowledge of information, mobile, Voice, Cloud and Application Development technologies, and/or infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of financials and supply chain process and intimate functional and technical knowledge of the Peoplesoft ERP system strongly preferred.
- Experience with end to end lifecycle of Implementation and/or Upgrade along with Production support experience strongly preferred.
- Successful track record in design of software systems to meet the current and future needs of a complex organization OR
- Successful track record in design and implementation of IT Infrastructure and related hardware and software technologies to meet the current and future needs of a complex organization.
- Verbal/written communications skills.
- Financial/budgeting planning and management experience a plus.
- Ability to fit in with the constant shifting needs and demands of the business departments.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience).
- Plus a minimum 10 years of Information Technology experience with at least 4 years of progressive IT managerial or leadership experience.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on Peoplesoft financials system experience strongly preferred.
About us: QED National is a leading IT consulting, solutions and staff augmentation firm, serving both the public and private sectors for over 28 years. Headquartered in midtown Manhattan, QED National's team is comprised of the brightest minds in the industry with the skills to solve the most complex technological problems.