What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
The Consumer Solutions team is responsible for all of TransUnion's consumer facing products including credit monitoring and Identity protection solutions, on-line regulatory solutions including free credit reports, credit freezes and disputes and our ShareAble solutions enabling consumers to share their data and reports. The team develops business plans and strategies for these existing solutions and other new and related solutions.
This role is part of the Consumer Solutions team and facilitates and supports the broader Consumer Solutions team ongoing planning and reporting activity while work on select product strategy projects, supporting the rest of the team where we need additional capacity. These projects are likely to be focused on some of our highest profile consumer facing product initiatives. This role reports to the SVP, Consumer Solutions.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- At least 5 years of experience as a product manager preferably in the digital consumer product space (web and mobile technologies)
- Proven experience in incubating ideas, validating market potential, creating strategies, identifying MVP, implementing, testing and iterating to grow products
- Proven ability to understand product performance metrics, assimilate market trends, competitor initiatives, consumer demands and define a meaningful product roadmap
- Ability to understand business and technology ecosystems, translate strategies into initiatives, create business cases for potential opportunities, advocate for investment priorities as needed
- Experience in defining features, detailed feature requirements and acceptance criteria
- Experience working with UX/UI teams to create designs and prototypes, also support consumer research to validate these designs
- Working experience in agile / SAFe environment
- A strong understanding of Data Science and Analytics and how it can be leveraged in building great consumer products is desired
- Experience working with both business stakeholders and implementation teams to execute on critical business priorities
- Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to lead, leverage and build relationships across the organization
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technologies to business ecosystems
The role will facilitate and support the broader Consumer Solutions team ongoing planning and reporting activity including:
- Facilitate monthly and other ongoing reporting and reviews the teams conducts and participates in
- Organize and support cross team planning including our annual strategic planning exercise
- Performing regular competitive analysis, monitor direct competitors and other relevant companies to provide accurate and timely competitive intelligence to the Consumer Solutions team
The role will also work on select product strategy projects supporting the rest of the team where we need additional capacity. The nature of work in those projects could include:
- Gather market intelligence on macro-economic and industry trends, consumer behaviors, regulatory changes and hurdles, disruptive innovations, and competitive offerings to validate and refine our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy
- Gather voice of the customer and feedback from business leaders and the relevant marketplace
- Support appraisal of select new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve revenue and profitability growth goals
- Support the execution of select strategic projects for the Consumer Solutions team working with cross functional teams on delivery including Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Vertical Markets
- Understand and interpret product needs and translate that into features that the agile teams can execute on.
- Create and maintain plans that have clear and measurable targets while tracking and reporting progress against business growth plans
- 4 year bachelor's degree. MBA is a plus
- Experience in credit or financial industry is preferable but not a must
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Product Management