Role: Product Manager
Location: Washington DC Metro
Overview: Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Product Manager for a leading financial regulatory authority in the DC Metro Area. The position is long-term contract to hire, with opportunities to convert to a FTE.
• Master's degree and 8+ years' of successful experience in product management utilizing Agile methodology.
• Strong experience with Product roadmap development and vision to take products to the required next level.
• Experience writing requirements and manage others driving requirements through the full SDLC.
o Includes business requirements, functional design, test plans, implementation plans, and can review and understand technical design.
• Ability to strategically question the business and drive solutions; must be a confident & clear communicator
• Strong knowledge of Data Analytics and leading Senior Analysts
• Technical understanding of databases, flow diagrams, some ability to read code and scripts.
• Ability to own and drive defect triage and prioritization.
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
• Deep understanding and experience of web technologies, user experience modeling/evolution etc. Understanding of mobile technologies will be a plus.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business needs are being articulated and defined appropriately.
• Elaborate features with business intent and acceptance criteria.
• Assist teams in breaking down features into user stories.
• Work with the release management team to deliver releases.
• Assist the Product Lead and Product Management in the development and communication of the Product vision and roadmap.
• Help Product Leads understand the program backlog so they can manage and prioritize the flow of work.
• Work with Product Architect to understand product architecture and Enabler work.
• Understand and support portfolio work
• Own the Product Backlog and participate in Agile grooming sessions
• Serve as a product expert, understanding user workflow; and working with Development to deliver solutions to meet end user needs.
• Demonstrate the ability to own a complex solution including future release development and integration
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or