Purpose: As Product Manager work closely with internal stakeholders in understanding internal and external customer needs in the optimal definition, delivery, training and advocacy of best-in-class CRM and B2B solutions for growth and efficiency (CRM, customer self-service, marketing automation). Work collaboratively with a team of cross-functional business stakeholders to: obtain and define business needs/requirements, develop product roadmap(s), achieve optimal design, ensure effective prioritization, establish KPIs, facilitate definition of business processes and attain assurance of usability for end users as well as effective delivery of stakeholder requirements. Provide coaching, training and collaboration to ensure effective utilization of solutions.
- Own the definition of the creation of prioritized, actionable product roadmaps and delivery of solutions in alignment with product and company needs and goals with a specific focus on world-class CRM, self-service, reporting and marketing automation solutions.
- Work collaboratively with a team of cross-functional business stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Marketing and Client Services to: obtain business needs/requirements and valid priority, develop product roadmap(s), achieve optimal design in conjunction with Engineering, ensure effective prioritization, establish KPIs, facilitate definition of business processes and attain assurance of usability for end users as well as effective delivery of stakeholder requirements. Ensure alignment and buy-in of product plans, strategies and objectives.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal stakeholders to ensure that platform product development, usability and its impact on the business is understood
- Using Agile methodologies, actively participate in the sprint ceremonies including writing sprint stories for backlog, elaborate/groom stories for upcoming sprints, lead sprint planning for your product area, and work with Engineering to answer questions on stories.
- Utilize customer driven product management methodologies within an agile environment. Ensure clarity of expectations and accountability via measurable goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise, best-practice insight, and optimal solution utilization.
- Manage the prioritization of work, helping to ensure quality and on time delivery within budget; maintain product roadmap(s), initiative and feature definition and work with product team to deliver executable user stories to the engineering team(s). Prioritize day to day requests and strategic roadmap work to achieve optimal benefit to the business
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and other organizations with dependencies to achieve incremental value and ensure timely development/story execution.
- Partner with marketing, sales and client services to develop and execute go-to-market and marketing communication plans
- Provide coaching, training and collaboration to users and stakeholders to ensure effective utilization of solutions.
- Identify KPIs that effectively measure results. Ensure the alignment of “success metrics” to the objectives/outcomes as articulated in business case(s).
- Ensure an effective user acceptance testing framework in place for all product releases
- Conduct market research, and track, report and analyze key product metrics; use insights to inform product decisions and business cases
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful product management/marketing strategies and practices, as well as business and financial acumen
- 3 years of experience using and working in Salesforce Sales Cloud or an equivalent CRM
- Technical background and strength in CRM and back office systems
- Quote to cash systems and processes, CPQ and Product Catalog
- Expertise as an Agile Product Manager with demonstrated proficiency in managing product backlog, prioritization of business needs and writing epics/user stories, participation in Scrum Ceremonies, collaboration with Engineering.
- Deep experience in effectively gathering requirements, distilling, prioritizing and translating those into written user stories that are clear, unambiguous and sufficiently comprehensive
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience within training internal stakeholder groups in sales/marketing enablement tools.
- Success in working collaboratively with cross functional stakeholder groups with a focus on collaboration and transparent communication
- Ability to conduct market research, analyze data, gain insights and foresee, interpret and respond to changes
- Ability to anticipate and effectively solve complex problems
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to seamlessly multi-task
- Ability to build buy-in and alignment, act with urgency, drive results and take educated risks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce
- Experience with marketing automation and financial (billing/reporting) systems a plus
- Experience with e-Commerce a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to travel occasionally
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, marketing or related field; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of relevant digital product management experience B2B and/or B2C, including 4+ years in a product leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to provide formal and informal training to internal stakeholder groups.
- Pragmatic Marketing (Product Management) certification a plus