Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree (Accounting, Finance or Computer Science preferred)
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product lifecycle activities for (but not limited too) a financial reporting application and the various sub-systems that interact with the application. This includes understanding the business facing issues of the department(s) who utilize the product(s), creating/updating product management deliverables (support models, roadmaps, managing backlog, training strategy, product reviews), managing 2nd level application support, application training, product administration and 3rd party vendors that support the product(s). In addition, you will be responsible for project related tasks and/or deliverables for projects that impact the supported product(s).
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and establish a strong relationship with stakeholders, vendors and IT shared services to find innovative solutions that are aligned with the organizations short-term and long-term objectives. You will work with the business and IT to define application objectives, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target use cases of the application. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, often working or embedding yourself with the business to better understand their needs. You will manage the resolution of production support related issues. You will work with project management, business analyst and technical counterparts to define product release requirements for major project releases as needed, with the expectation of taking on the role of project manager and business analyst for recurring enhancement and patch releases. You will also serve as the liaison to vendors, establishing a business relationship with their customer success, support and product management teams.
- Serve as the intersection between business, technology and user experience.
- Work with Business Relationship Managers to act as the voice of the business within IT and be passionate about the delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with application owners and ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
- Serve as 2nd Level Support for application and work with various support teams to resolve issues.
- Creation and maintenance of key deliverables associated with the product i.e. support models, roadmaps, etc.
- Manage the creation of and/or create training material and provide training to end users as needed.
- Must understand the applications architecture and technology stack and most importantly understand the level of effort involved to support and enhance the product.
- Evaluate the tradeoffs between features and maintainability to avoid feature creep and high maintenance burdens.
- Define high-quality and comprehensive product requirements and ensure they address the customer use case.
- Provide constructive feedback to technical staff during all phases of the software lifecycle to keep development priorities aligned with business needs.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure business and technical staff share the same goals and timeline.
- Assess the measurable business value of customer requests to prioritize work and ensure that benefits justify costs.
- Manage vendor relationships and contribute enhancement requests to their roadmap.
- Stay informed on the vendors market position, product roadmap, the vendors competitors and potential partner relationships for the product.
- Experience managing and/or supporting custom financial applications, their reporting tools and integration points.
- General accounting work experience – must have financial reporting experience with a focus on revenue reporting.
- 5+ years of software solution/product management experience.
- Experience as an internal facing application/non-revenue generating Product Manager (preferred).
- A solid working knowledge of the product management lifecycle and an understanding of the tenets of software development.
- Prior experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies.
- A passion for emerging technologies and understanding of how the various components of the applications work together.
- Experience with internal and external audits for financial applications.
- Strong Excel and SharePoint skillset.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Existing product knowledge of corporate business systems used throughout the enterprise: ERP, financial reporting, HCM, collaboration tools.
- Experience managing software vendors and influencing vendor roadmaps.
- The ability to prioritize and take ownership of a project and/or issue and bring it to successful completion.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and justify decisions.
- Strong organization and time management skills.