Kforce has a client in search of a Product Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ.
The client is looking for a Product Manager to help define and build its product strategy around 5G and edge compute. 5G will usher in the 4th industrial revolution where companies, big and small, will redefine the way they work through automation and real-time insights into their business processes. The massive bandwidth, device density, ultra-low latency, and battery efficiency of 5G coupled with Edge Compute will empower people, devices, and systems to interact efficiently and safely in a highly automated environment.
In this position, the product manager will define the developer ecosystem for multi-access edge compute (MEC) platforms. This will include conducting market research and competitive analysis of developer tools, portals, monitoring systems and so on, defining strategy, and creating requirements for the developer ecosystem.
* You will work across engineering teams, business development, and marketing to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market; You will partner with the technical leaders of the organization to ensure the developer experience, programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers
Additionally, you will:
* Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
* Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment
* Define the developer journey on MEC, develop the self-service toolset for onboarding applications, and create a seamless integration to our application and cloud partner ecosystem
* A degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Engineering degrees) or MBA
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Strong public cloud expertise, including but not limited to AWS, GCP and Azure
Even better if you have:
* Experience in software development as a developer
* Ability to conceptualize new, innovative applications/services and justify design, build, and/or buy decisions using solid ROI analysis
* Ability to create pricing and business models
* Ability to take ownership and is accountable for quality of all deliverables
* Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, telecoms and IoT Business Models
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.