Description of Work:
- Responsible for applying industry standard Product Management frameworks to existing Federal agency processes to support modernization efforts, as well as the requirements discovery, development, and delivery processes.
- Subject Matter Expert for agency Product investments and ability to present to executive audiences.
- Capable of describing and discussing data-driven, value-seeking Product Management Practices in concert with improvements in software development productivity.
- Provide extensive assistance in defining and producing Product Management courseware and marketing content tailored to organization-specific requirements.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Capable of providing support through the SDLC process for strategic client projects.
- Run Product Discovery and requirements gathering workshops with clients.
- Coach, train, and mentor other Product Managers on best practice.
- Work with team members to produce estimates for proposals and investments.
- Provide guidance on creating and maintaining a product backlog with epics, capabilities, features, and user stories.
- Provide guidance on creating product roadmaps and release plans.
- Facilitate communication between executive leadership, stakeholders, and development team members.
- Provide product demos and presentations to clients.
- Capable of supporting organizational change management message delivery/outreach sessions in the roles of author, packager, and presenter.
- Capable of producing positive outcomes in technical debates about the application of Product Management processes, redefinition of Product Management terminology, and strategic leadership concepts.
- Comfortable discussing and practicing agile delivery methods, agile culture, and agile leadership at scale across the organization.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with senior leadership from both business and technical offices.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 5 Years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 11 years of relevant work experience as a Product Manager in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience describing and discussing data-driven, value-seeking Product Management
- Practices in concert with improvements in software development productivity
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in 1 or more of the following:
- Experience implementing product practices at an enterprise level
- Experience defining and producing Product Management courseware and marketing content tailored to organization-specific requirements
- Experience conveying software methodologies to audiences including senior leaders with varying technical backgrounds
- Demonstrable experience in presenting product concepts to senior leaders through presentations
- No out state candidate for this req.
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior Federal Government/Government/large scale corporate working experience
- Pragmatic Product Manager Certification
- Experience managing Product Managers and equivalent professionals
- Experience creating training plans and curricula
- Ability to interface with senior leadership
- Ability to manage, train and communicate with cross functional teams and implement the Product lifecycle
- Ability to prioritize and react to changing requirements with a sense of urgency
- Ability to envision a big-picture vision at an enterprise level and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Knowledge of big data and analytics products
- Negotiating and customer interfacing skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and competitive threats