Hand Tools, Accessories, & Storage GroupWho is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we'll keep making it work.Position Overview:
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker, we are currently looking for a Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Product Management team in the creation and maintenance of major product lines in multiple retail, commercial and industrial settings.
The Product Manager will evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for the profit and loss and new product development of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization, including project managers, brand marketing, engineering, operations and sourcing, supply chain, and channel and sales partners. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.Major Responsibilities:
- Manage the complete product lifecycle process, alongside the full cross-functional product teams, from concept to delivery.
- Assist in marketing functions relating to assigned product lines as well as general departmental functions.
- Develop and drive new products while overseeing and managing quality issues, developing sales and promotional programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of relevant point-of-purchase displays, materials and web content; benchmark competitors and perform competitive pricing analysis.
- Responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross margins, collateral materials & point-of-purchase. Also entails a monthly forecast of product lines to include detailed tactics required to meet strategic objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end user in order to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Support and prepare for customer meetings, presentations and line reviews.
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to customers and consumers.
- Evaluate and develop product line total sales and product positioning - responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required
- 3+ years' experience of product management experience
- Ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams - must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a "can-do" attitude - the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- Consumer Products Experience
- Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
- Experience conducting primary consumer research
THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE 10-15% DOMESTIC/INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.#LI-SB1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.