, provides inventory control solutions through advanced software, innovative vending hardware, Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) and customer services to manufacturing, distribution, government and service industries for managing indirect inventory (tools, spare parts, MRO, etc.). CribMaster (http://www.cribmaster.com/) ties fast and reliable tool crib or store room transactions to a powerful system of inventory control. The system provides critical data to manage consumable and durable inventory, reduce the risk for lost or misplaced tools, and provide critical data to business leaders to reduce risk of tools being lost or left behind, reduce costs and increase productivity.Position Summary:
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, product requirements definition and product marketing. This role includes managing the product throughout the productlife cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, engineering and operations to deliver winning products - in addition to working closely with customers, sales, marketing, professional services and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire productlife cycle, including: productroad map, managing requirements, pricing, communication and works closely with product development with respect to engineering teams, product launch process, documentation and field-enablement. The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, as well as strong detail-orientation and the drive to make that vision a reality.Essential Job Functions:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Develop the strategic plan for the product portfolio.
- Serves as the in-house subject expert on the portfolio and acquires extensive knowledge of the competitive and technology marketplace.
- Measured on results against sales plan, margin rate plan, new product performance, SKU management, and inventory parameters.
- Develops field communication strategies to inform customers about product and industry insights.
- Performs SKU rationalization and ensures effective pricing strategies.
- Provides sales training and product knowledge materials to sales team and partners (distributors, VARs and integrators).
- Prioritize features and corresponding justification, based on the Voice of the Customer.
- Methodically manage the product life cycle.
- Ensure that product supports the strategy and objectives as defined.
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and support joint developments.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Develop sales tools, product marketing and technical collateral.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to manage across functions at various levels.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead platform training to groups from 10-50 people.
- Expert in developing reporting tools to streamline day to day work.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability: synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions.
- Skilled in problem resolution and providing best practices solutions.
- Effective at performing detail oriented tasks, and data analysis.
- Able to identify, manage, and lead business improvement projects.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrable skills of the following:
- Must be able to pass drug test and lifetime background check.
- Approximately 20%-30% travel.
- 5 to 7 years related work experience.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and inventory management.
- Understanding of CribMaster software and hardware offerings.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Crystal Reports, IIS, Windows Security and Networking.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, retirement savings, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.