#LI-AT1Product Manager - Virtual/RemoteCome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Product Manager join our cutting hand tools team, owning the global portfolio for snap & utility knife blades, and snap knives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Product Management team in the creation and maintenance of major product lines in multiple retail, commercial and industrial settings.
The Product Manager will evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: operations, brand & channel marketing, sales, finance and engineering. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.Manage the global portfolio for snap & utility knife blades, and snap knives. Evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: operations, brand & channel marketing, sales, finance and engineering. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.
Who You Are
- Manage the complete product lifecycle process, alongside the Regional Product Managers from concept to delivery
- Driving and developing new products while overseeing and managing quality issues, developing sales and promotion programs.
- Partnering with brand marketing to develop point-of-purchase displays, marketing materials and web content.
- Support development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross margins, and portfolio mix.
- Benchmark competitors and perform competitive pricing analysis. Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end user in order to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to customers and consumers.
- Evaluate product line total sales and margin - responsible for managing the profit and loss of the product line.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You will also have:
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years' experience of product management experience.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams - must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
What You'll Receive
- Consumer Products Experience
- Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
- Experience conducting primary consumer research
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.