Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, whatcaryou drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we'll keep making it work. Position Overview:
Within theGlobalTools & Storage divisionofStanley Black & Deckerwe are currently looking for a Product Managerjoina teamfocused on revitalizing and accelerating growth of the iconic Black & Decker brand.In thisrole, you will have the opportunity to support theProduct Management teamin the creation and maintenance of major product linesglobally.
The Product Manager will evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organizationincluding,product managers, brand marketing, IT, engineering,procurementand customer service. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.MajorResponsibilities:
- Manage the complete product lifecycle processwith inputs from individual regions, to drive globally-reaching productsconcept to delivery
- Assist in market functions relating to assigned product lines as well as general departmental Functions.
- Driving and developing new products while overseeing and manager quality issues, developing sales and promotion programs.
- Developing and implementing relevant point-of-purchase displays, materials and web content; benchmark competitors and perform competitive pricing analysis.
- Responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross margins, collateral materials & point-of-purchase. Also entails a monthly forecast of product lines to include detailed tactics required to me strategic objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end user in order to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as, act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to customers and consumers.
- Evaluate and develop product line total sales and product positioning - responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required.
- Abilityto work effectively across functions and lead teams- must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated Ability to multi-task
- Excellentwritten and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel,PowerPointand other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a "can-do" attitude - the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- Consumer Products Experience
- eCommerce Experience
- Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
- Experience conducting primary consumer research
THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE 10-15% DOMESTIC/INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. In addition, we are a proud tobacco free workplace.