This individual will be responsible for leading the effort in providing support for our store systems upon our recent implementation and integrations for TMX Finance as well as future development and enhancements. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, development of new features, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with the Information Technology department to deliver the best solutions. The ideal candidate will have the experience and drive to work in a start-up type of environment. To be successful, the candidate must be proactive with a strong sense of accountability and a day-to-day focus on results.
As a growing company, we require someone in this position to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. This role will report to the VP of Product Management, manage multiple work streams, and also collaborate with numerous team members throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a distinctive product vision for short and long-term strategies for our solutions, including the processes and polices around customer acquisition, risk management and loan servicing.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, in all areas including project management, release planning, discovery, project scoping, requirements gathering, estimating, development, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Continue to refine vision based on feedback from end users, product management input and executive thought leaders
- Translate product vision into an executable roadmap and release plan
- Coordinate with internal partners to capture business needs and direction
- Review project deliverables and lead the design, resource identification, and project approach decisions
- Structure and oversee multi-threaded technology deliverables while balancing scope, time, cost and quality
- Identify, analyze and communicate regarding critical KPIs throughout the life of the project
- Ensure resource utilization and focus across onshore and offshore teams deliver strong business value
- Ensure all parties are aware of delivery dates and commitments are met
- Ensure requirements, development, quality assurance and user acceptance testing all deliver against a high standard
- Ensure project budgets and cost benefit analysis are coordinated with and communicated with appropriate stakeholders
- Develop solutions to manage project issues/risks/dependencies and effectively communicate solutions to team members and management
- Appropriately escalates issues, risk, concerns, and dependencies
- Manage the user experience process within business requirements definition as well as the key areas of support, troubleshooting and end user training
- Understand TMX business and strategic initiative goals as well as the timelines of those goals, and develop efficient and reliable metrics and timelines for measuring program and project progress of those goals
- Partner with external vendor relationships; including managing vendor selection process, maintaining awareness of vendor strategic direction and impacts to TMX Finance, monitoring vendor performance and deliverables.
- 3-5+ years within financial services product and program management including a deep knowledge and working understanding of enterprise-wide lending systems and technology
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with the consumer finance industry and/or multi-unit retail
- Successful experience participating or leading change initiatives
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and naturally curious with a solid understanding of technology
- Proven ability to manage complex, integrated multidisciplinary systems
- Demonstrated ability to apply a broad, integrated perspective when planning, problem-solving and assessing impact across functional areas
- This includes identifying critical steps, activities and upstream/downstream impacts and ability to understand the “bigger picture” or “big scale” reality
- Ability to drive key business initiatives through strong working relationships, effective communication, influencing, consulting and cross-team collaboration
- Strong interpersonal, written and public speaking skills with ability to communicate complex information, qualitative and quantitative concepts, to all levels of associates and management