Product Marketing Manager
You are an ambitious product marketer who has mad skills aligning product strategy to the tactics needed for success. You love the balance between being a competitive analyst, data monger, and storyteller. You thrive on the opportunity to impact a high-growth services-based technology company as we pivot to a software-centric strategy.
You will help set our path for long-term success as we pivot in late 2021 towards an open source DBaaS platform. As such, it's critical that you have an understanding of open source databases, enterprise buying cycles, cloud adoption trends, and customer use cases. You will brilliantly weave together the customer journey, their pain points, and position how this company can help.
You will work alongside demand generation, field marketing, and content marketing to drive revenue generation, while ensuring product messaging and positioning is on point. You will be the interface between the customer, product management, sales and marketing while quickly gaining these teams' respect and support. You will consistently demonstrate product and market expertise, attention to detail, and accountability. The Product Marketing Manager role is a direct hire opportunity for a company based in Raleigh, NC, but working remotely is fine.
No 3 rd party or visa candidates accepted for this opportunity. Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience
- Create the storyline, product messaging, and positioning for your product focus
- Acquire and possess in-depth knowledge of our target markets, segments, buyer personas, competitors, and partners
- Educate the company on market requirements, trends, and competitor capabilities
- Collaborate with product management to create a shared vision and go-to-market strategy for our products and services
- Define strategic positioning of our products, services, key features, pricing, and key product messages
- Build collateral and relevant content for various personas and product areas, including web copy, datasheets, brochures, white papers, social media content, online event material and more
- Drive business case development, bringing together customer research, product and financial data and analytics to drive revenue
- Evangelize to prospects, press, analysts and other key influencers
- Collaborate with demand generation and event marketing leaders to execute innovative online marketing campaigns, to support sales growth
- Own and develop sales enablement tools including competitive analysis and use cases
- Partner with product management on new releases - planning, messaging, and managing
- 3+ years of marketing experience in B2B enterprise software, preferably with open source databases, other open source technology or SaaS products
- Product marketing experience strongly preferred
- Strong track record of working cross-functionally on major campaigns and/or product launches
- Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the organization while socializing concepts and ideas (product, sales, and marketing)
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use data and market trends to tell stories and craft messaging
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus among teams
This Company is a respected thought leader in the global open source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
This is remote-first and globally dispersed. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is h
Contact Jake Bjornberg at email@example.com with a resume and if any questions about your submittal, you can reach jake at (603)674-8315. A Word resume is preferred when applying. When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase... it's not about what you know, it's about who you know? At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you're looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand...let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you. HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.