Product Operations Manager at VerticaJob Description:About the Role
Product Operations focus is to help with the operational aspects of building and selling the Vertica software products. This role will be the liaison between R&D groups and business needs while supporting the Product Management team's growth with tools, data, and processes. About the Team
Vertica is focused on changing how the world uses data. The Product Management team is committed to expanding our community, working cross-functionally, and focused on growing the Vertica business.The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our team is always learning from each other and we approach intellectually challenging work with a positive outlook.About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data-driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte-scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride! Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Provide thought leadership in product management processes, tools, and data.
- Provide product managers and senior leaders actionable recommendations and strategic plans based on research and data.
- Work with R&D including DevOps team, Quality Assurance, and Technical Project Management to build scalable processes.
- Work with security teams on Internal Security Ops.
- Work with Micro Focusquote to cash teams from releases to new product introduction and SKU creation.
- Work with the Product Management team to scale and improve processes from requirements to the roadmap.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BA or BS; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of product, project management, or operational experience.
- Superior knowledge of and/or experience in business case development, software development, and go-to-market planning
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills; ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams.
- Excellent negotiating and change management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with the senior management team and cross-functional disciplines.
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent operational skills while maintaining a strategic mindset.
MarketingMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status