The Product Owner of the Machine Systems team will work with Product Manager to manage and prioritize backlog for assigned product areas. The Product Owner will be responsible for developing epics, user stories and defects to flesh out development topics and provide the necessary direction and guidance to the scrum teams to deliver on time high quality product in line with agreed direction,priorities, and customer expectations.
The Machine Systems team is responsible for ongoing development of systems which translate toolpath motion to machine specific simulation and NC code. These systems include machine tool kinematics and components, and NC code generation engines with a strong emphasis on advanced Mill-Turn applications. The team works closely with other teams, especially those providing turning toolpath motion and the virtual machine simulation environment. Project work is varied and focused on building new capabilities for Mastercam, the world’s most popular CAD/CAM system. New development is proven in our in-house Manufacturing Lab, which features many state-of-the-art machine tools, so there is the opportunity to see your work used in a real-world environment. Good teamwork is key to our team’s success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion the team in building high quality products that meet customer needs.
- Work with Product Managers and other stakeholders to identify business needs and define requirements for the product features through the development of user stories.
- Effectively present product ideas, strategies, and designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with nominated scrum team to develop and deliver new features using best practice agile development methodologies.
- Create and maintain prioritized and detailed work item backlogs which accurately reflect customer and business priorities.
- Pro-actively work with QC and Tech Service in the support of the Mastercam community and management of requests for software changes through Digital.AI Agility.
- Provide pro-active, clear visibility of progress towards completion of assigned projects.
- Work to understand and pro-actively validate new features with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Product Owner team to provide insight and contribute to long term roadmaps and overall release planning
- Work with PO team and other departments to promote product and support the Mastercam community. Activities include, but are not limited to, Reseller conference, Trade shows, Open houses, Reseller and Customer visits, Roll out meetings, Mastercam forum and other social media interactions.
- Proven ability to partner with developers to deliver results in a timely, agile manner.
- Participate in applicable professional, technical and career development training (to include attainment of associated qualifications where required).
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- 6 - 9 years' experience in a technical CAD/CAM environment in Product Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.
- Practical experience and clear understanding of modern software development methodologies (preferably in an Agile environment)
- Creative, critical, analytical, and effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with an above average ability to assess risks.
- Proven ability to multi-task and stay organized while projecting a positive outward demeanor, and to work independently, with self-direction, to complete tasks and projects in a pro-active manner.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work and lead in a team environment successfully supporting others.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide accurate and timely information in a succinct and easy to understand manner.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, ancestry, physical, intellectual, learning or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, genetic information, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital or civil union status, familial status, veteran or military status , use of tobacco or other lawful products off premises and during non-working hours, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.