Position: Database Admin/ Data Model Designer with Delta-lake storage via Databricks & Azure
Location: Charlotte, NC
Interview: Phone & Skype/WebEx
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Role Value Proposition:
Database Administrator and Modeler will work as part of the team delivering a meta-data driven event-based data pipeline with an emphasis on the data modeling and data content aspects of the design.
This knowledge and experience will cover the gamut of modeling, warehouse and pipeline design with a backdrop of annuity, insurance and/or investment products.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Expert knowledge in native Azure data storage features; SQL-DB, Synapse/SQL-DW, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake etc.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Extensive experience in physical database design and performance tuning in the Microsoft ecosphere and tooling.
- Wide background in various modeling techniques (relational, dimensional, vault, no-sql, graph etc.) with the experience to know when and why they should be employed and avoided based on requirements.
- Background in the insurance industry around annuity, insurance or investment related products and services.
- Advantageous is experience with Delta-lake storage via Databricks.
- Adept at presenting findings and thoughts in consumable and audience relevant formats.
- Ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Superior communications, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills; extensive experience with partnering with and managing vendors and consultants / contractors desired.