Apex Systems Is Looking For Product Owners In Multiple Locations! Qualified Candidates Can Send a Word Copy of Their Resume to Owen, at Role: Product Owner Industry: Financial Services Locations Open To (Remote to start): San Antonio, TX - Fort Mill, SC - Charlotte, NC - Phoenix, AZ - Minneapolis, MN, West Des Moines, Iowa Responsibilities
- Identify and build relationships with key partners and stakeholders, communicating product vision, priorities, and release plans while soliciting and incorporating feedback.
- Act as a conduit between the stakeholders and the delivery team during planning, execution and ongoing operations to optimize capabilities, maximize customer value, and align expectations.
- Review competitive market data, industry trends, and customer insights to learn about and anticipate customers' wants, needs and desires. Use data to inform prioritization.
- Actively own and continuously maintain a prioritized product backlog aligned to product vision and goals, maximizing customer and business value. Lead backlog refinement and seed backlog through discovery activities and stakeholder and delivery team collaboration.
- Ensure that product goals, feature-level KPIs, and other performance indicators exist, are measured, and in alignment with OKRs.
- Monitor and report successes and opportunities with transparency while managing risk and ensuring regulatory and policy compliance.
- In collaboration with the Scrum team, define Sprint goals that align to product vision, OKRs, and team KPIs. Define acceptance criteria and verify they are met.
- Plan and facilitate backlog refinement and Sprint and product reviews, and participate in other Scrum events (sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospectives).
- Empower teams to work autonomously in building optimum solutions, while being available throughout the sprint to ensure intent of stories is understood, acceptance criteria are appropriate, and interim questions are addressed.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in one or more of the following: Product management, product development, strategic planning, process management, change delivery or agile product owner
- 3+ years of experience of Agile product owner experience in Scrum and scaled Agile environments
- Experience delivering software products using agile principles, including planning and estimating and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve goals, manage risk, solve problems, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Proven success in leading, coaching, and motivating cross-functional empowered teams
- Proven track record of bringing successful products to market on time, incorporating a variety of development and delivery strategies (third party, insourcing, outsourcing)
- Expertise in navigating matrixed organizations and teams with proven success in leveraging the right people and resources at the right time for consistent and dependable delivery of optimal value to the customer and the business
- Experience with market research, competitive analysis, and technology trend analysis
- Ability to assess the impact of new product initiatives on the delivery team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of product management in the regulated financial services industry
- Demonstrated understanding and empathy for customer needs and pain points, amplifying the voice of the customer throughout product development and delivery
- Facilitation and collaboration skills, including ability to facilitate decision-making and broker agreements among diverse, differing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or