Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Leads efforts to define Product Backlogs by working closely with a team of business analysts, architects, technical SMEs and business owners. Uses Epics to create features and User Stories and adds them to the product backlogs. Works with Lead Product Owner and/or business owner to determine priorities for the Epics, Features and User Stories in the backlogs. This position is responsible for the success of the product. Typically, responsible for supporting one to two development teams working on one or more increasingly complex products that may or may not require delivery coordination and collaboration with other Product teams.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Under the general direction of the FEP Lead Product Owner and/or FEP Technical Product Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defines and manages Product Backlog by working closely with a team of business analysts, architects, technical SMEs and business owners. Works with the Lead PO or Product Manager to define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for the Release or Program Increment (PI). Defines features and User Stories and adds them to the product backlog. Works with business owners to determine and assign feature priorities. Works with the Scrum Masters to schedule and conduct grooming sessions with the Scrum team. Provides guidance and necessary input from a business perspective to the team. Assists with communicating technical challenges/hurdles to the business owners and helps resolve business related issues. Follows the Agile playbook and process at the FEPOC to support agile delivery. Conducts planning sessions with business owners to understand the business priorities for the upcoming Release/PI. Plans and conducts Release/PI planning sessions with the internal Scrums teams. Uses the Product Roadmap and shares with the development team the business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration. Participates in daily scrum stand-ups, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies. Conducts product demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders. Provides inputs to business owners to help better define the strategic business roadmap to achieve the program vision.
- Works with business analysts on how to break down features into User Stories. Writes effective User Stories and acceptance criteria. Provides feedback to the Scrum Master to improve grooming sessions. Mentors business stakeholders on Agile delivery; suggests improvements to the delivery process. Champions Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback
- Supports culture change to improve delivery agility. Provides coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supports Team building and development by optimizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
This position requires minimal “on call” for emergency situations requiring immediate resolutions. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required. Travel between CareFirst locations and client offices may be required. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. Overall 4+ years of IT and business experience in planning, Business Analysis, Business Development, Solutions Development, System Analysis, Technical design/development and/or implementation and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Previous Product Owner experience (2+ years) in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.Required:
• Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Product owner
• Excellent communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
• Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.,
• Ability and desire to understand the product needs of the future and influence all stakeholders to prioritize them.
• Understanding of Web & Mobile technologies, user experience modelling/evolution etc.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
• Business savviness and ability to discover the potential business and product opportunities
• Experience with product roadmaps development and influencing key stake holders for buy in on business priorities
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
• Support product evolution by engaging with stakeholders and sponsors, identifying and documenting potential requirements or business opportunities, supporting the Product Vision and Roadmap, and aligning stakeholder expectations.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to internal and external customers, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.Preferred:
• Masters Degree in Information Technology, Business, or Marketing
• Prior experience as Technical Lead, System Analyst, and Business Analyst with technical background is a big plus.
• Experience in Health insurance domain a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing Customer Resource Management (CRM) solutions
• Familiarity with implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) or cloud-based solutions
• Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies
• Experience with using product roadmaps for planning and influencing key stake holders for buy in on business priorities
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.Skills/Abilities:
Candidates should have experience working directly with clients and scrum teams in implementing the production backlog. Ability to make and support decisions and provide guidance to Scrum teams. Ability to articulate the Product Vision and Roadmap, communicate business requirements to the Business Analysts and technical teams, and work with the teams to come up with high level solutions. Technical and domain knowledge of claims, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred. Understanding of the contemporary technologies and how technologies can be leveraged to solve business problems. Flexibility is essential to this position. Excellent communication, written as well as verbal, documentation and interpersonal skills.
A Product Owner is seen as a leadership role, and candidate needs the confidence, talent and sufficient IT experience to demonstrate and inspire their team.Department Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 3/4/2020Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship