We are looking for an experience Product Owner who enjoys working with all levels of customers to define scope and specifications of product requirements.
Based in Manassas, VA, you will be working alongside a dynamic team who are fully responsible for end to end delivery -- from customer engagementto operations.
As a driving forceof technological change, we operate in a truly agile way. You willhave the unique opportunities toexpand your reach in terms of knowledge, network and build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform.
We want theright people. If you have what it takes, we will have a role for your level of expertise.
What will make you successful?
- Professional skills & competencies
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset – we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Develop product vision and synchronize it with the Head of Platform Service and Product Owners in Squads responsible for related products
- Act as an ambassador of his / her squad towards the (internal) customers
- Interact and collaborate with the customers of his / her squad to understand the customer needs related to the products / solutions provided by the squad
- Scope the minimum viable product (MVP) taking into account existing resource constraints and sustained development of the product, and set ambitious though realistic deadlines
- Define commercial and technical product specification, including performance / compliance / security requirements
- Define functional and non-functional product requirements; make sure they are complete, integral and consistent; the sole source of requirements for the Squad
- Make sure product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers
- Validate the completeness of the squad deliverables at the end of each sprint (sprint review)Contribute to Squad product development
Setting targets and work priorities
- Hold meetings with the Squad to update the Squad product backlog
- Participate in planning of the Squad's sprint to clarify the requirements
- Monitor overall squad performance and issue performance report
- Manage business as usual (operational management / cases) beyond the backlog scope as documented and organise the team’s inflow of work consisting of plannable and non-plannable (cases) activities
Participating in Squad development
- Responsible for defining the set of necessary competences in the Squad, in cooperation with the Chapter Leads
- Support Chapter Leads in determining the resource allocation
- Provides regular feedback on squad member performance
What will make you successful?
You are a cultural ambassador of the "new" culture. With the following strong emphasis for this role:
- You are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You think big (but you also appreciate small improvements)
- You achieve the best result by empowering and given teams responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
- You stimulate people to really achieve propositions
Experience and knowledge / Affinity
- 7+ years of experience in database related technologies RDBMS or NoSQL databases. Minimum 2 years in a lead role.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Cassandra, DataStax, Java, Spark, Solr.
- Ability to create data models for Cassandra and familiarity with data modeling best practices.
- In depth knowledge of Cassandra read/write paths, replication factor and internal architecture.
- Experience in installing, configuring and monitoring DataStax Cassandra cluster.
- Experiencewith administration tools sstableloader, sstable2json, json2sstable, copy, etc. for application data loading and analysis.
- Experience with RHEL operating system and bash/shell scripting. RedHat Linux certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of distributed transactions principles and concepts.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and a generous range of benefits. Including:
- 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision
- Excellent training and career development opportunities
- 4 weeks paid vacation & 12 Public Holidays
- Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
- Company Functions & Community Outreach Programs
- A fantastic working environment in newly renovated spaces, we now offer open workspaces contributing to our collaborative environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting a culture of continuous development. Our culture values diversity and strives for sustainability. We support each employee to develop critical competencies in line with career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. Including online and professional courses, hands-on training, internal mobility and excellent networking opportunities.
People are the foundations of our success. We depend on technological and business excellence – and offer flexible working based on your role and team, so you can strike the right work-life balance.
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardised financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
The Head of Platform Services is looking for Product Owners for their organizations.
- As a member of the Platform organization, you will be responsible for the full-service lifecycle of a platformservice that meets the customer’s needs.
- You are energized by creating an environment in which people excel and you take responsibility of your own mission with confidence.
- You will closely collaborate with the customers of your squad to understand the customer needs.
- You are responsible for defining and prioritizing functional and non-functional requirements (stories) in the Squad NoSQL Databases, accepting requirements (stories) as completed and acting as owner of technical product escalations.